30 Register users on the Forum

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Steve Taylor

30 Register users on the Forum

Post by UBT - Steve Taylor »

Welcome to Jonnyenglishpants for being the latest
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Not bad for such a small time, hopefully numbers will grow be it members of the team or non-members.

All are welcome to post or browse :P
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

How many people posted on the old forum?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJHunter wrote:How many people posted on the old forum?

Well, we had 595 posts, and 31 members - however only 30 members count as one was a "spoiler" who joined in order to "spoil" things a little bit.

"Old" forum was open from 9th Feb until 13th March, when this forum took over.

Unfortunately, I've not found a way (except by counting every single post) of seeing who contributed the most and who did not contribute many (or any) as yahoo don't provide those stats.

Will calculate them if really needed....! Give me a couple of hours !!

regards,

Tim
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

It's quality rather than quantity, or at least thats what I keep telling myself :P

Martin
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: 30 Register users on the Forum

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Steve Taylor wrote:Welcome to Jonnyenglishpants for being the latest

Yup - welcome to jonny and every one else who has joined recenly.

Keep on crunching !!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - GysmoSan wrote:It's quality rather than quantity, or at least thats what I keep telling myself :P

Martin
Not seen any quality from your area yet :blob:
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Not seen any quality from your area yet
Wow, I have an area... I'm moving up in the world :-)

Martin

PS I'm about to break into 5 digits credits for Seti... I know its nothing by most standards but keeps me entertained ;pp
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Thought I'd use this thread to show how we're growing!

We now have 150 registered users in the forum and 756 team members.

(I know some of the forum users aren't real but I'll just go by what it says at the bottom of the index screen).
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Heh, define whats real anyway :D
Existence is in the eye of the beholder (terrible misquote but rather appropriate)
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

IIRC, there were a few registrations made earlier this year which were solely used for posting spam to the forum. So, they contribute to the count, but aren't team members (and probably not even interested in BOINC).
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

gregoryw wrote:IIRC, there were a few registrations made earlier this year which were solely used for posting spam to the forum. So, they contribute to the count, but aren't team members (and probably not even interested in BOINC).
Hi Gregory,

A lot of these "spurious" accounts have actually been deleted already, and although there are still one or two "test" accounts used for maintainance and testing purposes, the majority of the forum membership do appear to be BOINC-related - maybe not joined to our Team, but certainly joined to somebody's team.... 8)

Likewise, I weed out any non-related accounts every month or so, which is why at the end of this month, the membership might go down, as old unused accounts are deleted....

Hence another reason, why we suggest forum member use their BOINC name - so we can easily see if it's BOINC related or being used for dubious purposes. (The "auto spam bots" don't know anything about BOINC and hence they are easily "spotted").

regards

Tim