stupid drivers

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Temujin

stupid drivers

Post by Temujin »

:evil:

After something like 20 years of accident free motoring, 2009 is proving to be a right pain.

In January I was exiting an Asda car park, pulled up behind a woman waiting to join the main exit route only for her to reverse back in to me Image  no damage, so i let it go. Stupid woman :evil:

We went to France at the beginning of April, had a great time and was boarding the Eurostar on the way back. Dunno if you've taken a car through the tunnel but you end up being instructed to park fairly tightly with a guy saying "engine off, 1st gear and handbrake on". I'd just done that when the dill behind smacks into the back of my car :evil: Again, no damage so I let it go again. Stupid idiot :evil:

Today :evil: Took the car to the carwash. This is an "Imo" car wash where all the cars are pulled through by a conveyor type thing.
I'm 3/4 through when BANG!! the car behind really smacks into the back of my car :evil:
There's brushes bent all over the place and the whole thing shuts down. Eventually got out and pulled into the vacuum area to have a look.
There's a few tiny little scratches to the back of mine and the front of his is all stoved in.
I'm damned well gonna claim with this one, stupid muppet :evil:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Oh dear!

Would the bump be classified as happening in a private area rather than on the road? Just wondering if you might have trouble claiming from the 3rd party. They might claim faulty car wash and try to claim off the owners of that which would cause a bit of hassle.

Trouble comes in 3s so you should be okay for the next 20 years!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Would the owners of said car wash even have insurance? :?
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

melter65 wrote:Would the owners of said car wash even have insurance? :?
Hope so - I've occasionally used the one near where you work, Dave. I think they're a fairly reputable company.
Ben

Post by Ben »

And theres me thinking it was going to be a problem with Nvidia or ATI!  :lol:

Sodding ATI sometimes gives me the BSOD stupid thing  :evil:

By the sounds of it John, i'm surprised you didn't have to repair the car in the first 2 instances  :shock: That's one tough car you have there!

It isn't this model by any chance is it?  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Would the bump be classified as happening in a private area rather than on the road? Just wondering if you might have trouble claiming from the 3rd party. They might claim faulty car wash and try to claim off the owners of that which would cause a bit of hassle.
hmmn, I didn't think about that. I'll go back there tomorrow and get their details
By the sounds of it John, i'm surprised you didn't have to repair the car in the first 2 instances
to be honest, they were both little knocks that didn't even scratch the paint.
That's one tough car you have there!
err, no, its not one of them, its an Audi TT. I've seen a TT that was smacked up the back by a Rover at about 50 mph. The Rover was totalled, all the bonnet smashed in etc but the TT looked fine. No doubt a lot of hidden damage though. Thats why I'm gonna follow this one through cos he hit so me hard.
Muppet :evil:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Top result :thumbup:

All fixed and sorted and its only Thursday :D
I phoned my insurance company on Monday, they arranged a repairers and courtesy car for Tuesday.
On Tuesday, a very nice Mercedes CLK courtesy car was delivered at 13:00 :D and my TT was collected at 14:00.

I grudgingly had to drive the CLK :roll:
Got into work Thursday morning and there's a voicemail saying its all done and can I phone to arrange getting it back.
No internal damage, so they just had to repair the bumper.

Me=well pleased :D

Top marks to my insurance company (First Alternative), the courtesy car suppliers (Drive Assist) and the repairers (Baldwins of Corby) for a job well done by all Image
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Temujin wrote:Top result :thumbup:

All fixed and sorted and its only Thursday :D
I phoned my insurance company on Monday, they arranged a repairers and courtesy car for Tuesday.
On Tuesday, a very nice Mercedes CLK courtesy car was delivered at 13:00 :D and my TT was collected at 14:00.

I grudgingly had to drive the CLK :roll:
Got into work Thursday morning and there's a voicemail saying its all done and can I phone to arrange getting it back.
No internal damage, so they just had to repair the bumper.

Me=well pleased :D

Top marks to my insurance company (First Alternative), the courtesy car suppliers (Drive Assist) and the repairers (Baldwins of Corby) for a job well done by all Image
so your a happy chappie apart from having to give the merc back....

b. :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Get a towbar fitted. Doesn't do anything for the aesthetics of the car, but it mashes anyone's front end up who's dumb enough to rear end you!    :lol:  :lol: