Virgin & BT

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - mickyb69

Virgin & BT

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:o Hi all, Just a moan about BT & Virgin
I had to move home 4 months ago due to exwife wanting 1/2 of the house  :shock:
Decided to give Virgin a try due to being in the centre of the biggest town in Warwickshire. Signed up for tv,Broadband and phone then waited a month for them to tell me im too far away from the cable hookup (20 yards)  and my account has been cancelled :lol:
So went to BT and signed up for broadband,phone and vision.
After 1 month and 2 false starts i finaly got a phone line
:lol: then found the broadband had been cancelled  :lol:
Reordered the BB and waited for the Vision box to turn up but that had been cancelled due to me not having BB.
Finaly got BB then found the vision had been cancelled again. :wink:
Reordered Vision again, The day it came my phone line was cut off (incoming calls only ) due to non payment of bill   :evil:
Phoned BT and found they had no records of my Direct Debit so i set up a new one with the manager (Monthly payment plan £38 starting Jan 1st )  and had the phone back after about 30 mins  :D

1st December i found a big hole in my bank account ...... Wow monthly payment means everythink in 1 go  :twisted:
16th december ...No broadband ....  :cry:
Phoned BT ( Have you seen Phone jacker ??? Indian chap selling concert tickets )
"Have you tried .....Turning computer on,Line filter,Does your phone work, is your router on, how many lights ....etc etc
"tell me your mobile number "
"25 mins on mobile including removing phone socket from wall "
Outcome ......... Local exchange having emergency repairs .......
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: And people ask me why i have a bottle of wine every now and then Pmsl :wink:
Ben

Post by Ben »

lol!  :lol:

I can't say we had that problem... But emergency repairs at the exchange! The chances of that.

Overall BT's service isn't too bad.. but never the less, not brilliant. The home hub (the original one) was worse then poop.
simplespud

Post by simplespud »

Tried virgin myself.... twice - once under the old NTL name - and then again when Virgin had taken over - out of sheer frustration on both occasions told them to forget it, in the end I went to sky, stuck with BT (was with already) and still regret the Tiscali broadband move - mind you, they calmed down though after I threatened them with watchdog and trading standards!

none of them give a stuff..... once a direct debit is in place!!!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Has anyone got O2 broadband or BE broadband at all?
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Ouch, sorry to hear about your recent relocation difficulties Micky.  :shock:

I've been with Virgin (NTL) for about nine years, they're not perfect but I can't complain too much about them.

BT however, are a shower of illegitimate people. A few months ago my boss decided to move the companies telephone lines over to BT, who then happily disconnected us and left us without any landlines, email/internet or fax for the next month or so. Still, it's not as if we really wanted to talk to our various customers or suppliers that much anyway.  :roll:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I'm with Orange. Never had any trouble with them at all. In fact when I pretended I was going to cancel contract, I asked to be put through to disconnections...

"I'm going over to Sky unless you can persuade me not to!"
"Okay. I'll reduce your monthly from £18.99 to £11.99 and send you a Router. We'll reduce it more when the exchange get upgraded again next year."
"Thanks. That'll do nicely!"

Never heard a good thing said about Virgin though!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Maybe the quality of service depends upon where you live.

We've had various services from BT over the years and I've always found them to be excellent - at least as far as engineering services goes. I once had to talk to a support lady about problems with emails and she tried to convince me my problems existed because I "had too many icons in the services tray at the bottom of the screen" - I hung up, re-dialled and did get to talk to someone who could really help!
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

hgblade wrote:Maybe the quality of service depends upon where you live.
:cry: About 1/2 mile from main exchange  in north warks :shock:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Using AOL Broadband. Very good customer service, but the speed can be very low at times, sometimes even like a slow dial-up!

I`ve also changed my landline from BT to Southern Electric as a package deal, as it was cheaper than BT. I was worried about the changeover, and if it would affect my Broadband service. (It didn`t).
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've been with Virgin ever since they were Yorkshire Cable! Never had any serious problems with any of their subsequent incarnations (Telewest, NTL, Blueyonder)

My only worry with Virgin is that we used to have a 'Status Line' number, which was a pre-recorded message detailing any repair work being carried out in your area that was likely to affect your TV, Phone or Internet connections. That same number now gives a pre-recorded message directing you to Virgins very expensive 'Helpline'    :?
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Wooohoooo BT done it to me again .....No broadband for 10 hours ....
Phoned them and i hadn't payed my bill...
:twisted: So i phoned them in calcutta again and told them ......If i set up  Phone,vision and broadband on a Direct debit with paperless billing how come phones and visions been payed but no BB ?????
:shock:
So i set up my Direct debit for the 8th time

BT is cack !!!!
The router needs reseting about 3 times a week .
Vision don't work till i reset the router ....
I loose my Lan conection and have to swap it over with the vision cable at least once a week.
The wifi is cack too (signal decided to drop out due to 1 wall and about 10 foot distance )
:twisted:
And the kids have watched every episode of desperate housewifes (about 50 episodes ) in 2 weeks  :cry:
Now they are recording Hollyoaks and eastenders ......and still they watch the omnibus edition on sunday )
Ontop of that the Vision remotes Been AWOL for 2 days

BT    i hate you  !!!!!!!!!!!  :wink: :twisted: