Help needed

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Help needed

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi peeps

I got a question for anyone who can enlighten me, as I'm thick!
How do you go about increasing the C drive partition on a lappy with vista on it, thus far my mate has created a 3rd unnamed partition so is it a case of giving that space a designation ie F then use that to increase c partition using this new unused space or what I dunno as I've always used separate drives so never done a partition before and I've never used Vista so if someone would be kind enough to explain I'd be eternally grateful. :oops:

Terry
Ben

Post by Ben »

If you have got access to a program called partition magic then that will be able to do it for you. Failing that (i think) you can resize and modify them by right clicking on the my computer bit in the start menu and selecting 'manage' although i wouldn't do that until someone else agrees with me or gives a better answer  :lol:
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Don't know if the following link is of any help

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=28662
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Thanks Ben and Nogbo but figured it out myself I was having a blonde day  :oops:  :roll:
I just deleted the D drive and the other one after naming it, he now has 65gb on his C drive  :wink:

Terry