Workunit Cache

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
NaRyan

Workunit Cache

Post by NaRyan »

Just wondering if I set the workunit cache to 0.01 days, will that only keep 2 workunits on the go?

Before you ask why such a low cache, I'm going to have to keep one of my pootas off untill tuesday when I can buy another graphics card for it.
So I want to keep it running untill I switch it off tomorrow (07/02/08), and swipe the graphics card out of it.

So basicaly I just want the 2 workunits, so while I am building up the quad system, swiping the 8800GTX from this system to put in the quad one, then swipe the x700 pro from the AMD x2 4200+ and put it into this one, I can just set the 4200+ to no more work, let it finnish, and move it out the way untill tuesday.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

proteins@home only downloads 2 wu's at a time so if you let it request work then set it to no new tasks that should do you (will keep adding 2 around every 30 secs if you let it)
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Not exactly wot I ment :)

but it worked anyhoot. It's kept just the 2 workunits on the go.
*me stares at clock.....*me listens for doorbell..... *me wonders if doorbell works..... *awww SPAM!!!!!