Firefox 64-bit

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Ben

Firefox 64-bit

Post by Ben »

If you already have a 64-bit system then check out this 64-bit version of Firefox. I have already tried it on this site, the bbc website, and youtube and i can notice the speed difference instantly.

If you want to download the program (currently in Alpha stage i think) then here is the link: http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/download.html

It doesn't delete the old Firefox files either so the two versions can run alongside each other fine.

Let me know if you download it to see if you notice any difference.

***Edit***
I have noticed that if you close either firefox then revert to the other firefox it will think the firefox browser you just opened has been updated for some reason, but it doesn't harm it.
david

Post by david »

Hi Ben ,i have been running 64 bit Firefox in Fedora7 for some 6 months now with no problems at all however be aware there is no 64 bit flash player at least for Linux,there is however a workaround,i am not sure about Windows but i imagine that there isn't a version either but again there may be a work around,guess you would have to rat around to find one.

You can run both versions quite comfortably alongside one another if you wish and anything needing flash log in on the 32 bit version.

David
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi David,

Yeah, good point. I had been running a program called Bon Echo or something like that originally and i was looking for an updated version and found what appears to be this slightly newer 64-bit version.

However, like you said there doesn't seem to be a 64-bit flash player plugin which is a bit annoying.  :(