Any Idea's

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Any Idea's

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi all.
Just put a rig together all went fine installed windoze then all drivers and app's for the mobo etc installed Boinc that went ok, it started crunching away as expected.
I then used the Easytune 5 app that all Gigabyte mobo's use upped by just 2% to start with and it hang on me just the same way my other AMD x2 does, so I rebooted and set the bios to failsafe settings but the system keeps hanging at the same point every time , boots up into windoze the other app's appear on the bottom right as normal then just as the Boinc logo appears the system hangs.
Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Terry
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

What happens if you stop BOINC from loading? (run>msconfig>startup> untick 'boinc manager' may be the easiest way then restart).

{edit}Just realised you can't do that if it's hung! May have to boot into 'safe mode' first to disable anything in the startup folders

Just wondering if it's BOINC or something else just as BOINC starts.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Cheers Mikee Booting into safe mode worked and all running but still from time to time hangs for no reason from what I can tell mmm :roll:

Terry
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Uninstalled  Easytune as I found as soon as I tried to use it the system hung.
After that was gone no prob's.

Terry