A 'Hi' to you funny and clever people.

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
Andrew

A 'Hi' to you funny and clever people.

Post by Andrew »

Hi there fellow humans, I am pleased and excited to have just joined your forum. I enjoy seeing clever and friendly posts, and if I post again I will try my best.

I have restarted BOINC, computing (crunching) for LHC@home and Africa@home (the malariacontrol.net beta) after a hiatus of several months. Exciting work to understand and contribute to, I believe.

I have not yet decided whether I will join the UK BOINC TEAM, this is because I don't usually join teams. I'm either shy or a dictator.
Regards, Andrew.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image To our Forum Andrew, you are half way to making the correct choice IMHO!!
This team is very proactive, the members are also very knowledgable, helpful and friendly with the odd funny one Image (he knows who he is).
Our founder is also on the Forum most days to offer support and guidance and will no doubt leave a message for you also.
With regards to you going UK Boinc Team (UBT) we would be delighted if you came on board, as you can see from the Forum header the team is forever growing and we are one of the few teams who support EVERY project!!!

All the best and Regards

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: A 'Hi' to you funny and clever people.

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Andrew wrote:Hi there fellow humans, I am pleased and excited to have just joined your forum. I enjoy seeing clever and friendly posts, and if I post again I will try my best.

I have restarted BOINC, computing (crunching) for LHC@home and Africa@home (the malariacontrol.net beta) after a hiatus of several months. Exciting work to understand and contribute to, I believe.

I have not yet decided whether I will join the UK BOINC TEAM, this is because I don't usually join teams. I'm either shy or a dictator.
Regards, Andrew.
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum..!

Am glad to hear you've re-started on BOINC.... it costs very little to help others and with computers so powerful today, it only takes a few clicks to sign up and, most likely, you'll never notice a "performance hit" while you're crunching...

On the team side of things, it's entirely up to you. The forum is open to both team and non-team members - however as a registered team member, you would have access to other area's of the forum as well as knowing that you've joined one of the largest UK teams...certainly the one with the highest RAC at present...!

And if you joined, then we'd be a tiny weeny little bit bigger !!

regards

Tim
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Hi Andrew, I think i fit into the Image  bit .....ignore anyone who says i ain't Image
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome aboard  :hello2:
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Imageto our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will be always someone to give you a helping hand..   :)

bob   :D
Andrew

Re: A 'Hi' to you funny and clever people.

Post by Andrew »

Thank you so much for the postings of welcome.

I'm glad to read from UBT - Timbo that:
...it costs very little to help others and with computers so powerful,..

Good wishes to All.  :newb:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Hello and Image Andrew!  :D
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Welcome to the forum Andrew  :wave:

James.
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Greetz and welcome to the team :D
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

Hi and welcome to the team, neither madness nor your cronic need to control will be held against you.

:violent1:
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi Andrew Always good to see a new face so to speak I hope you decide to join like Tim says were one of the biggest and defo the friendliest bunch around.

Terry
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Hi Andrew, and welcome to our forum. Hope you decide to join the team, I don`t think you will regret it.
As for intelligence, I`m certainly not MENSA standard, but at an IQ of 121, I might scrape a pass as a forum member!

Regards, Rick.