The view from the little cupboard under the stairs

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

The view from the little cupboard under the stairs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I know the WCG crunch is coming and the projects needing credit are listed in the view from a higher place... but I like to see a target at the top of the forum, even if I do not crunch the selected project it's good to watch us close in for the kill. So could we have something up there to replace Docking@home? :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: The view from the little cupboard under the stairs

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:I know the WCG crunch is coming and the projects needing credit are listed in the view from a higher place... but I like to see a target at the top of the forum, even if I do not crunch the selected project it's good to watch us close in for the kill. So could we have something up there to replace Docking@home? :lol:
Until Darren can change it, (with an auto-updating link) I'll put something in the header, to act as a "reminder".

regards

Tim
Darren

Post by Darren »

It's easy to change this....
Who you wanna see us catch next then?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Darren wrote:It's easy to change this....
Who you wanna see us catch next then?
A good long term one might be UK number 1 in SETI Beta but I think other people will think differently! It's not the most popular project!

World top 25 in QMC? (Overtake Bodensee-Team) - but we've only got 56 in that project....

OK then what about Tanpaku? Hmm... Semmy is about to overtake me in that and there's only 30 in that team - World top... whatever you think.

Obvious one is WCG. We really need to get into the top 100 - I think it's our worst project stat. Taking into account teams above us that are 'outRACing' us I think we'd need to overtake 'UK IBM eServer xSeries' or someteam thereabouts.

Personally, whatever the target, I think we need one we could in x weeks rather than changing every few days.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Ello? Someone mention my name?

I'm sticking with Tanpaku for the mo as Spinhenge hasn't been giving me any WU's recently.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I think we should stick up WCG it would have to be based on the XML files though.

Reason why we should have WCG well the crunch is only around the corner, after the crunch we can always change the target to some thing else
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

Why not LHC@home or RALPH? We're due to be moving up the UK ranks in both of these projects in the fairly near future.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

gregoryw wrote:Why not LHC@home or RALPH? We're due to be moving up the UK ranks in both of these projects in the fairly near future.
With LHC and RALPH, our existing RAC is fairly good already.

On LHC, we'll go into 2nd place in the next day or so anyway and on RALPH, we'er a couple of months away from moving up in to 1st place.

On other projects however, either our RAC isn't high enough to protect our existing UK ranking position, or we're already quite close (for an overtaking move), if only we had a bit extra RAC to help us.

As far as World ranking position goes, my personal opinion is that IF we can attract additional members as a result of being #1 UK Team on a project, then this will automatically improve our RAC and hence our World ranking postion will improve due to the extra crunching power we would have gained.

Hence why I'm of the belief that by doing as much as we can to become #1 ranked UK Team on as many projects as possible, will, in the long term, make UBT a far more attractive propostion for members to join and hence we can then see about changing our World ranking positions.

regards

Tim