3rd Weekend Crunch - not long to go !

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

3rd Weekend Crunch - not long to go !

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the 3rd Weekend Crunch starts @ midnight next Friday and runs for the 48 hours comprising Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th May.

The plan here is to try and give ourselves a "push" up the rankings for WCG, as we're in the bottom half of the 100-200 range.

So, with some "gusto" and a bit of a following wind, we might be able to leap up more than a few spaces.

Any queries you might have with regards to setting up a WCG account, then please feel free to ask away.

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Fri May 19, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Being as its a Bank holiday (not that it makes that much difference I suppose) would it be an idea to make it a 3 day instead of 2 days?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - BHCJackie

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Being as its a Bank holiday (not that it makes that much difference I suppose) would it be an idea to make it a 3 day instead of 2 days?
That is a really good idea.  Perhaps we could have the Chat Room open on Bank Holidays too.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Being as its a Bank holiday (not that it makes that much difference I suppose) would it be an idea to make it a 3 day instead of 2 days?
Hi Mike - now why didn't I think about that  8)

(TBH: I had assumed that some members might carry it on a bit - that's at their discretion....as always !)

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: 3rd Weekend Crunch - NOW STARTED

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi all, Just a reminder that the 3rd Weekend Crunch starts @ midnight next Friday and runs for the 48 hours comprising Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th May....

Hi all,

The 3rd Weekend Crunch OFFICIALLY started about 11 hours ago.

Please ensure that, for that any work completed over the period to be "counted", that you ensure that the UPDATE command is issued on the WCG project BEFORE Sunday at midnight.

The WCG project updates it's stats at midnight each night, so for us to see what effect we've had over the 48 hours, means we need to ensure that EVERY WU credit is uploaded before the stats scripts are run.

We'll check the stats on BH Monday at midnight again for those who are continuing to crunch for 72 hours instead of the suggested 48 hours.

And by Tuesday, we'll see how much of an increase in Team credits we've been able to achieve.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is dedicating their weekend crunching efforts to WCG.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Thanks to all of us who participated we now stand at position 119 if only I could remember what we was at before the weekend started :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Thanks to all of us who participated we now stand at position 119 if only I could remember what we was at before the weekend started :lol:  :lol:

As of 23rd May, we were at position 139 in the World Rankings.

So, we've gone up around 20 places. And there might be more to come as other weekend crunched WU's are validated.

The results of the 3rd Crunch are here:

http://www.ukboincteam.org.uk/crunches/ubt-fun-03.html

regards,

Tim