England 0 Israel 0

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Gary

England 0 Israel 0

Post by Gary »

What a drab game  :evil:

No desire, no passion, definately no will to win the game. Whats going on with the England team :?:

Maybe the Israelis promised not to kill any more Palestinians or steal their land as long as they didn't lose  :!:

For those like me that don't have Sky & like to watch football & don't mind Chinese commentary :D pm me and I'll give you a link for live streams  :D
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

I agree Gary it C**P i think they've got the wrong man in charge should have given the job to Sam Alladice in my opinion 4 what it's worth.
I think that McLaren should have gone along with Sven and give the big man the job.

Terry
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: England 0 Israel 0

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Gary wrote:......
No desire, no passion, definately no will to win the game. Whats going on with the England team :?: ......
What we need is leadership both on the pitch and off it...

Beckham might not have been "ideal", but he set a good example (we'll turn a blind eye to his sending's off) by leading from the front and driving things forward. And no-one has really replaced him either for set pieces or as a captain

I thought Terry might be a good captain, but he just coming back from injury and he hasn't yet got all the players on his side. Hargreaves should really be given more chance, and maybe Ledley King (once he's fit again).

The front pairings always seem to fail, whether it's Rooney, Johnson, Owen, Crouch etc and we really need people who'll change a game, once they are on the pitch.

Currently too many players getting "excessive" wages and not giveing enough back.....I say bring back "Roy of the Rovers".

As for a good manager.....I don't think Allardyce has got "it".....and I don't think any other current English league manager has "it" either....they are too busy looking over their shoulders in case they get the sack. Maybe Stuart Pearce in a couple of years would be good.

regards

Tim
Gary

Post by Gary »

Steve Mc. spent too much time under Sven Erik which is probably influencing  his tactics etc.

Englands players have become complacent through having it "cushdy" under Sven and his inflexible game plans, they seem to have lost the ability to think on their feet and adapt to the game as it unfolds.

As for no manager in England ?, I say give Hoddle the job back. :shock:  :D  :lol:
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

I agree with you Tim on the captain especially as i'm a Chelsea supporter
Gary

Post by Gary »

Went to my first ever international football match on wednesday just gone :D in fact I haven't been to a football match since Brighton's Goldstone ground in the early 80's, won't say too much about the game but Wembley is a fantastic stadium, I sat near the top and the view was magnificent, might upload a few pics here sometime.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Your post struck a chord when I read it, Gary! That's what this forum is missing, a dedicated 'Photographs' or 'Images' thread, call it what you will! :D

I'm sure others would like to post photos (rather than start a new topic to post their photos in another thread) in a dedicated thread for pictures in general.

How about it Timbo? (If your bandwidth allows, of course! :) )
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:Your post struck a chord when I read it, Gary! That's what this forum is missing, a dedicated 'Photographs' or 'Images' thread, call it what you will! :D

I'm sure others would like to post photos (rather than start a new topic to post their photos in another thread) in a dedicated thread for pictures in general.

You can include a picture via a URL link...so as long as your ISP host (where the picture resides) supports the bandwidth, then it's not putting any pressure on the forum.... :-)

So, feel free to link to your hearts content.....just one thing though - try not to make them too wide, as it'll stretch the forum widthwise...

regards

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
melter65 wrote:Your post struck a chord when I read it, Gary! That's what this forum is missing, a dedicated 'Photographs' or 'Images' thread, call it what you will! :D

You can include a picture via a URL link...so as long as your ISP host (where the picture resides) supports the bandwidth, then it's not putting any pressure on the forum.... :-)

So, feel free to link to your hearts content.....just one thing though - try not to make them too wide, as it'll stretch the forum widthwise...

regards

Tim
I suggested it because a History/Archaeology forum I belong to has a separate thread for photos so they don't go stretching the forum all over the other threads! :D