New Lord of the Rings Spin off's

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

New Lord of the Rings Spin off's

Post by Zydor »

For Fans of the original triology, there is another trilogy set in motion as sequels. First screens this month. Video clips below (look at the set of other clips bottom of screen to see more).

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=The ... 4D5984A492

If link problems, search on "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", and follow your nose.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

To be strictly accurate, these are actually "prequels" as the events in the Hobbit pre-date the LOTR stories.
I did watch the first part (The Hobbit) but I was disappointed with it. The Hobbit is one volume as a book, and bloating it up to make another trilogy of films is, I believe, just a money making exercise. I shan't be bothering with the rest....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote:To be strictly accurate, these are actually "prequels" as the events in the Hobbit pre-date the LOTR stories.
Back in the late 1980's I knew someone (sadly now deceased) who was a bit of a film "buff" but who absolutely hated the term "prequel" - he regarded it simply as a further "Americanisation" of the English language.....

His reasoning was simply - that there is no such thing as a "quel" and hence just adding "pre" to it was nonsensical...

History and the internet though has not been kind to my friends views however....and "prequel" has now entered the general language.

RIP Big Bob G6CQF

regards
Tim