File Uploads.

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
RodEllery

File Uploads.

Post by RodEllery »

Anyone know a way I can stop a load of fles uploading and then put them back later.

The scenario is that RecilinearCN produces loads of files for each WU. Their server has had problems for the last 12 hours and is currently offline (and the message boards are down as well now).  I have approx 950 files to transfer up and Boinc Manager is really hammering my network connections retrying each one in turn.

What I want to do is say shutdown boinc manager, move the files elsewhere, restart BM then  wait till the server is up again then resume the uploads.

Any ideas anyone, or will I lose the WUs by doing this?
Temujin

Re: File Uploads.

Post by Temujin »

I've simply disabled network activity
[edit]
Activity/Network Activity Suspended
then as each transfer retries, it will go to suspended
make sure you've got other project WUs 1st though
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

I thought about that but I tend to run with a very small cache (0.1 days). Disabling the network activity would stop other projects getting WUs and reporting them.

I may just increase the cache, get a load of WUs down then disable network activity till tomorrow night.  

Would be nice if one could suspend network activity for one project only.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Would be nice if one could suspend network activity for one project only.
exactly what I was thinking