500K for me :O)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Knightlight

500K for me :O)

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

At last, just made the 500K.  :D
Last edited by UBT - Knightlight on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Congratulation and well done :wav:
And at the rate your going - roll on the 1M

John
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Well done Mate, the first 500K is the hardest (heh, as if!).
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

Well done.
We will be seeing you soon in the miilions the rate you are going.
UBT - Knightlight

Jaysback, your avatar just reminded me of the weekend. When i was walking around this American and Classic car show and from out of no where the dark one appeared.

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/photo ... otoID=4881

Just seemed so Random..... thought the sun was getting to my noggin and I was seeing things.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: 500K for me :O)

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Knightlight wrote:At last, just made the 500K.  :D
Well done  :wav:  :occasion5:
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

Those costumes are quality, but they cost soooooo much!
But what a party piece they must be.
UBT - Knightlight

jaysback wrote:Those costumes are quality, but they cost soooooo much!
But what a party piece they must be.
Is that you jaysback in that costume?
I made an LED cylon light for someone who made Cylon Costumes.
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

Would be fun if it was mine.
But no, don't own one :(
All my spare funds go into PC's and anything thats left gets spent on the car.
P.S. not a muscle car - BMW 320d touring, which has just had a set of eibach springs on it  :D
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

Well done, remember every point is sacred!
UBT - Knightlight

jaysback wrote:P.S. not a muscle car - BMW 320d touring, which has just had a set of eibach springs on it  :D
I've just put eibach spings on mine too. Handles better now, although the original once were the sports option, but think the old shocks were on the way out so put some Koni's in there too.

Got my car in bits at the moment, changing the heads/cam/oil pump/timing chain/lifters and pushrods.

This is what it looked like Saturday night.

Never done anything like this before. I'm more computer minded, but getting there, hopefully done soon, as its my every day car.

I just wanted a little more power, although can't really use it on the road, but nice to know its there.

I also wanted more power in my computer at home, so tried to sneak in a new computer without the girlfriend knowing. Thought I could just swap it in place of my old one. but nope, not that easy. I brought the Dell XPS, have you seen how big these things are, almost 600mm high, only just fits under the desk.  I didn't need one that powerful, but thought it would help out on the BOINC projects, got the Quad 2.4Ghz one. Hopefully will help push me to the million in under 6 months.

So now I'm really in the dog house, girlfriend knows I brought a computer too big for the room, she says its an eyesore, the car is taking longer than I expected, so I'm well and truly in the dog house. She thinks its just routine maintenance. Its going to sounds very ruff, with the lumpy cam.  Think she is going to kill me before the car does.
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

I shall start a whip round now for the wreath!, this is going to be messy..
UBT - Knightlight

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:I shall start a whip round now for the wreath!, this is going to be messy..
It may be a good one to video, stick it on YouTube.

A whip round may be very handy. I do have private medical care, which I'd better check its still valid, just in case.  :lol:
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

YouTube? I thought they where under pressure from the Gov to stop postings of random and gratuitous violence.
I've never seen anybody wearing a V8 before, please post pic as soon as possible.
Timby

Re: 500K for me :O)

Post by Timby »

Knightlight wrote:At last, just made the 500K.  :D
Excellent work Knightlight on your 1st arf million, and on the purchase of the new PC sounds like some serious crunching is on the cards.

PS all the best with the motor as well, hope she likes the extra turn of speed  :wink:
UBT - Knightlight

ABC crunching going wel on the new computer, however its only on whem I using it.

Timby I see you will be on a Million ABC points in about 46 days at the rate your going.

Engine slowly going back together with hickups along the way. Heopfully will be all sorted soon. I top hope the engine likes the new turn of speed, currently rev limited to 6000 may turn that up to 6500. Not sure how long the bottom end will last, I need to preserve it for as long as possible, as I'm not doing all this again.
Its a real struggle on a relationship, as I want to get this sorted, and she wants me to be with her. However whem I'm in and on the computer then thats wrong too. I think we are all better off with computers as they are logical and we can understand them, its just the intermit part which is a problem, computers don't seem to come with floppy drives anymore.  :roll: