Project Cheerleaders

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Project Cheerleaders

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

This is just to announce the Cheerleaders for each project:

ABC - Timby
CPDN - DJH@GB-ro
Cosmology - UBT - Rick Horn
PrimeGrid -  UBT - bobuk
SAP - SwissNic + gregoryw
Spinhenge - UBT - Mikee
XtremLab - smith639

(last updated: 25th June 2007)

Definition:
A Cheerleader is someone who generates interest in the project over time, so that we don't lose sight of the fact that, ideally, we'd like the Team to support EVERY BOINC project equally.

However, some projects will generate more member interest than others, so by establishing a Project Cheerleader to remind us, once in a while, about the benefits of supporting other projects, allows us to help every project as best we can.

Anyone can volunteer to be a Cheerleader - just PM me a msg about the project you'd like to support.

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Swissnic

Post by Swissnic »

Under this definition Timbo - I think GregoryW should be a/the SAP cheerleader.  He is the one that got me to crunch SAP, and has been doing a great job of promoting the project!  He is also the longest running UBT SAP Cruncher!  Greg - you up for it?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Swissnic wrote:Under this definition Timbo - I think GregoryW should be a/the SAP cheerleader.  He is the one that got me to crunch SAP, and has been doing a great job of promoting the project!  He is also the longest running UBT SAP Cruncher!  Greg - you up for it?

Hi Nic,

No worries - we can have mulitple Cheerleaders per project.... :wink:

(Assuming loads of people want to, of course).

From a Team perspective, the more the merrier. That way it keeps all of us on our toes.

regards,

Tim
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

Swissnic wrote:Under this definition Timbo - I think GregoryW should be a/the SAP cheerleader.  He is the one that got me to crunch SAP, and has been doing a great job of promoting the project!  He is also the longest running UBT SAP Cruncher!  Greg - you up for it?
Well, Timbo's right, you've been doing more cheerleading for SAP than me, SwissNic. Although, yes, I was the one that issued the challenge to you.

That said, I don't mind cheerleading SAP with SwissNic.

:hello1:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

gregoryw wrote:
Well, Timbo's right, you've been doing more cheerleading for SAP than me, SwissNic. Although, yes, I was the one that issued the challenge to you.

That said, I don't mind cheerleading SAP with SwissNic.

:hello1:

OK - you're in... :shock:

Trouble is - the description in your profile will change to "SAP Cheerleader" from "PushBike Wonder"....is that OK?

Keep up the good work, the both of you...!

regards,

Tim
gregoryw

Post by gregoryw »

UBT - Timbo wrote:

Trouble is - the description in your profile will change to "SAP Cheerleader" from "PushBike Wonder"....is that OK?
Why can't it just be both? Is there a limitation on the number of characters?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

gregoryw wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:

Why can't it just be both? Is there a limitation on the number of characters?
Hi Gregory,

Not sure what the character limit might be - give me a few mins to check - if I do a "Mike Jones" and break it.....then I don't know what I'll do.... :oops:

Either way, I'll have to edit the "PushBike" ranking to add in the Cheerleader bit.

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

gregoryw wrote:Why can't it just be both? Is there a limitation on the number of characters?
Just been greedy now  :lol:
gregoryw

Post by gregoryw »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
gregoryw wrote:Why can't it just be both? Is there a limitation on the number of characters?
Just been greedy now  :lol:
Well, I can't just drop "PushBike Wonder" with the Tour of Britain starting yesterday... They'll be practically on my doorstop on Saturday.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

What does a project cheerleader have to do? I'd like to be a BBC CCE cheerleader, and would await instructions!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:What does a project cheerleader have to do? I'd like to be a BBC CCE cheerleader, and would await instructions!
Small short skirt & a short skimpy top is what you need. When Tim gets back he will sort you out

send a PM to him if you want to let him know then when he gets back he will not have to trudge through every message on the boards
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
DJH@GB-Ro wrote:What does a project cheerleader have to do? I'd like to be a BBC CCE cheerleader, and would await instructions!
Small short skirt & a short skimpy top is what you need.
Don't forget the pompoms!! :blob3:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Just ask UBT - Timbo to make you one. I believe the short skirt is optional!
Then all you need to do is to try to persuade others in your team to do a bit more crunching, and to get non-members into the fold.
That`s it really, the more you publisize the team, the more chance of success.
Good luck!    :D

Rick.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I volunteer UBT -bobuk to be PrimeGrid Cheerleader (whether he likes it or not!)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - bobuk

Post by UBT - bobuk »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:I volunteer UBT -bobuk to be PrimeGrid Cheerleader (whether he likes it or not!)

oh! mike please  :oops:

b. :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - bobuk wrote:
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:I volunteer UBT -bobuk to be PrimeGrid Cheerleader (whether he likes it or not!)

oh! mike please  :oops:

There you go - he wants it - he said please! :D  :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:There you go - he wants it - he said please! :D  :D
And lo, a sylph-like angel appeared and granted your wish.... 8)

regards

Fairy Godmother
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image Good choice for PrimeGrid Image
But can we nominate a replacement if she wants the job,
I don't mind conducting the interview PLEASE when or if she applies?
Image  ImageImageImageImageImage
UBT - bobuk

Post by UBT - bobuk »

well seeing that i have had my arm twisted up my back  :)

my first job is to get "rockinfroggi" to consider adding the prefix "UBT -" to his username -

b. :D  "Your friendly cheerleader for Prime Grid"  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:But can we nominate a replacement if she wants the job,
I don't mind conducting the interview PLEASE when or if she applies?
Erm, I KNOW I have found a better candidate, who at present, needs a new job:

This one's a bit bigger, but might not last long, as it comes from their own website !

Sadly, the links on the South Sydney Rabbitohs, website to each of the Cheerleaders has been deleted, but they were awesome....I should have saved a few piccys for y'all.... :oops:

Might still have a few in my cache  :oops:

And then I found this:

http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewne ... cleID=1075

he he - seems their website redesign hasn't removed ALL traces...

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - bobuk wrote:well seeing that i have had my arm twisted up my back  :)

my first job is to get "rockinfroggi" to consider adding the prefix "UBT -" to his username -

I'll think about it on the proviso that you don't go down the short skirt route the other Cheer leaders have, I'm having my first roast dinner in months today an I wanna keep it down :pukeleft:

And what about Timby after all he is the top PrimeGrid cruncher and Prime finder.

Gary.
UBT - bobuk

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Rockinfroggi wrote:
UBT - bobuk wrote:well seeing that i have had my arm twisted up my back  :)

I'll think about it on the proviso that you don't go down the short skirt route the other Cheer leaders have, I'm having my first roast dinner in months today an I wanna keep it down :pukeleft:

And what about Timby after all he is the top PrimeGrid cruncher and Prime finder.

Gary.
no problems there...short skirts with my legs  :lol:  
and as for mr.timby well..............only time will tell what i have in mind for him  :wink: