Discussion of chat room topics

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Discussion of chat room topics

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Feel free to post any ideas, suggestions etc on what topics & events you wish for the team to chat about in our chat room.

See the Announcement in Team News regarding the current scheduled topic :wink:
Timby

Post by Timby »

Halifax, you got the bug after last night :?:  :lol:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Timby wrote:Halifax, you got the bug after last night :?:  :lol:
Well I thought we might as well use all the resources we have the chat room been one of them its sat there long enough on its own. Had a quick word with Tim and hes OK with the idea too, so need some people to show up :P  and also people to say what they wanna chat about too for other team talks
Timby

Post by Timby »

Absolutly I think its a great idea, subject matter can be Boinc related or not, just a general get to know a bit about fellow members etc, how and why you choose the project you crunch? Tips on certain projects experiances good and bad about projects, its endless almost?

I will be around most nights as you will have probably seen anyways.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Timby wrote:Absolutly I think its a great idea, subject matter can be Boinc related or not, just a general get to know a bit about fellow members etc, how and why you choose the project you crunch? Tips on certain projects experiances good and bad about projects, its endless almost?

I will be around most nights as you will have probably seen anyways.
I also liked your idea of having Sneaky Club talks too :wink:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Can't make the Sunday chat :( Dinner 7-8 Top Gear 9-10 another appointment 10-11
UBT - Halifax-lad

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Can't make the Sunday chat :( Dinner 7-8 Top Gear 9-10 another appointment 10-11
Oh well will see you another time in there I suppose
Timby

Post by Timby »

Prapps we could ask Timbo to make a note in the Forum Heading Banner thingey? where the current crunch is displayed? Please Timbo could you fix for us (in a Jimmy Saville sort of way) ImageImageImageImage
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I might be able to make 22:45   :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Can't make the Sunday chat :( Dinner 7-8 Top Gear 9-10 another appointment 10-11
Top Gear is 8-9 surely??

Yup - just checked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

regards

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:Prapps we could ask Timbo to make a note in the Forum Heading Banner thingey? where the current crunch is displayed? Please Timbo could you fix for us (in a Jimmy Saville sort of way)
Alrightey...what should it say:

UBT Chat in chatroom on Sunday, etc?

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I might be able to make 22:45   :lol:
You on a promise :wink:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Top Gear is 8-9 surely??
Sorry, Typo  :oops:

I should be able to make the last half hour, and people may run late anyway ;)

EDIT: Completely mucked up my times :( I thought it was till 11pm. Well I'm sure I could fit in some time before 8pm and maybe see a few stragglers around 11
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Sorry, Typo  :oops:
No worries - don't want you missing the Great Lord Clarkson and his words of wisdom - saved myself a fortune by not buying a Vectra a few years back !!
DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I should be able to make the last half hour, and people may run late anyway ;)

EDIT: Completely mucked up my times :( I thought it was till 11pm. Well I'm sure I could fit in some time before 8pm and maybe see a few stragglers around 11
Don't worry too much if you can't make it....there'll be other ones.....!

Generally speaking, all that's needed is a consensus on when people would most like to get involved in such an "organised" chat - the cahtroom is open all the time, so there's no real need to have "set times".

But if it helps, as per Halifax's proposal that we start using the facility a bit more, then hell's bells, let's publicise some dates and times and give it a go....!

regards

Tim