Boinc Mgr 5.7.2

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Simon

Boinc Mgr 5.7.2

Post by UBT - Simon »

Not sure if David is already using this version but it looks a lot simpler to use for newbie boincers ;) I'm hoping this is the version with the user made skins ;) since i'm hoping to work on one in the next day or so.

Anyway looks ok got concerned when i loaded up boinc and found out it was a different version. didnt even realise i even installed it yet.

Simon
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its a BETA release so be prepared for errors
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Roger wilco ;) though no problems yet. though the skin is taking longer then i expected, bit hard to do it with no images yet.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Its a BETA release so be prepared for errors
I upgraded to 5.7.2 yesterday.

Does this mean that using it, will cause some projects to cause computation errors.

The last few QMC WU's I returned errored. :shock:

But PrimeGrid and BBC CCE seem OK at present.

regards

Tim
James Box

Post by James Box »

I'm using it on the wife's computer for WCG and it has been fine so far.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Running a BETA version could cause any number of different errors, I would not run or install them unless you are willing to be an Alpha tester who reports back how its working.

If you don't want to do that I would just wait for the version to be officially released