Pay as you thrown

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Pay as you thrown

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Councils should be given powers to charge households for getting rid of non-recyclable rubbish, a think tank has urged the government

Maybe if the councils actually provided a proper service then more may get recycled.

Our council is pants you are limited to what can be thrown away and you have to constantly ring them to tell them they forgot to collect the recycling again :evil:  There's a lovely company that does some areas of my local council but doesn't do my area, its not for profit, employs people with learning difficulties and you can recycle nearly everything with them, they collect most things going and send it off to be recycled.

Why don't they tell the big companies to stop over-packaging everything :!: Most of it is not needed what so ever apart from to make something look a bit nicer in its box :evil:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just reading in one of the Sunday's that some councils are sending the 'recyclable' stuff overseas to be dumped there! Costs too much to do the acutal recycling (they say it costs more to recycle glass than to make it from scratch!).

Makes people very disillusioned about recycling.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Just reading in one of the Sunday's that some councils are sending the 'recyclable' stuff overseas to be dumped there! Costs too much to do the acutal recycling (they say it costs more to recycle glass than to make it from scratch!).

Makes people very disillusioned about recycling.
I would rather not have my council collect anything, I have told them this several times and have told Kerbside (our community recycler in some areas) that when the tender comes up for renewal of recycling that they should apply for it as its not council run and there not for profit. They actually do a very good job too in the areas the provide the service to.

This is there webpage nothing spectacular mind you.

All my council will collect is newspapers & glass :evil: