Trip to Bovington Tank Museum

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Timby

Trip to Bovington Tank Museum

Post by Timby »

Don't know if any one is interested but we have quite a good Tank Museum near us here in the South West, which puts on some good shows with both static and driven tanks.
Today I took my son to watch a display which we found great, here is some of the blurb etc:-

Professional re-enactors will recreate the living conditions of American soldiers in the field from as early as World War One to Vietnam, with authentic uniforms and weapons.

Hardware on display will include Jeeps, Halftracks, Sherman's, Stuarts, and Grants with some less commonly seen vehicles, including an M60, M41, M113, and the massive cold war M103.

The highlight of the day will be an explosive mock battle set in World War Two Normandy. This will see the US 1st Division, the US Rangers and the 101st Airborne supported by armour assault German positions - who will put up spirited resistance backed by the Museums fearsome Tiger tank.

We took a couple of short videos of the tanks as they drove past

Tiger Tank

Sherman Tank
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Looool there in betta condition than my car
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Great videos, Timby! I thought you were suggesting a 'Day Trip' to the Tank Museum! :toothy7:
Timby

Post by Timby »

melter65 wrote:Great videos, Timby! I thought you were suggesting a 'Day Trip' to the Tank Museum! :toothy7:
Ah yes Melter65 bit of both really, it was a great day out tbh well worth the admission price!

WOW what a great set of tunes Melter65, looks like we have exactly the same musical tastes?
Got loads of AC/DC Iron Maiden Led Zep Eagles and most of all the boys from the midlands ELO.
I would probably add to my list a few other tracks but hey you have got some of the best ones in there my man!
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Timby wrote:WOW what a great set of tunes Melter65, looks like we have exactly the same musical tastes?
Got loads of AC/DC Iron Maiden Led Zep Eagles and most of all the boys from the midlands ELO.
I would probably add to my list a few other tracks but hey you have got some of the best ones in there my man!
I thank you! Even though the mode of transport has had to change (motorbike to family saloon) my taste in music was formed in my late teens and hasn't altered much since then. I can listen to some 'modern' stuff, but always end up back listening to the old stuff! :headbang:  :thumbleft: