Network Activity Suspended?

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Network Activity Suspended?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Here's something I never noticed before...

I got a PC and a laptop. PC is always connected to the broadband except when I transfer the USB connection to the laptop to upload/download twice a day. (no wireless LANS or anything - all I have to do is bend down plug/unplug- no expense spent!)

Anyway, I ALWAYS switch the laptop between 'network activity based on preference' and 'network activity suspended' depending on whether the laptop is connected (no 'unable to connect' messages then) or not until today. I forgot to switch to 'network activity based on prefs' - it was still suspended. I clicked on 'project/update' for the 2 projects everything downloaded/uploaded/acknowledged as normal!

So... has 'project/update' always overiden whatever the 'activity' tab is set to? Or is it a genuine 'software feature'?

Whatever, I like it as it's 4 less actions I have to take!

BOINC 5.4.8
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

That is what later BOINC versions will do, if you have it set to suspended and then you manually tell BOINC to update then it will do so, regardless of Network settings anyone may have set.

So yes few less clicks for you to do