What are your favourite film(s)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

What are your favourite film(s)

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Only 1 rule you have got to own it :!:

All my DVD's are my favourites but I can't list them all just my most watched ones, see my DVD link for them all, so mine in no particular order are:

Green Street

Expelled, unfairly, from Harvard, Matt Buckner (Elijah Wood) flees to England to his sister (Claire Forlani). Once there, he is befriended by her charming and dangerous brother-in-law, Pete Dunham (Charlie Hunnam), and introduced to the underworld of British football hooliganism. Matt learns to stand his ground through a friendship that develops against the backdrop of his street and often violent world. Green Street is a story of loyalty, trust and the sometimes brutal consequences of living close to the edge.

The Rules Of Attraction

Based on the best-selling novel by Bret Easton Ellis, Academy Award-winning writer/director Roger Avary masterfully adapts the darkly funny social satire of life and love among the young and privileged students of Camden College.

Spun

Three days of epic drug binging become a meth-induced odyssey for college drop out Ross when he becomes the local Crystal Meth cook's personal driver in exchange for free drugs. Bouncing from one bizarre situation to another, Ross slowly slips deeper and deeper into the crazy anonymous world of speed freaks in which there exists no boundaries or morality...

Thirteen

Anxiously trying to fit into the peer pressure cooker environment of junior high, thirteen-year-old Tracy (Evan Rachel Wood) goes to shocking lengths in order to befriend Evie (co-writer Nikki Reed), the most popular girl in school. Now the two are inseparable (and incorrigible) leaving Tracy's desperate mother (Holly Hunter) powerless to rescue her from a whirlwind of drugs, sex and crime...

Edit:

Forgot my other all time favourite

Phantasm Sphere

Phantasm (1979): If this one doesn't scare you, you're already dead!

After their friend is murdered, two brothers begin a hunt in search of the killer. Their investigation leads them to the discovery of a startling and hideous secret. As the brothers learn more about what is really going on at Morningside mortuary (involving a floating sphere with razor-sharp protruding daggers which seeks out victims and drains the blood from their heads) they get deeper into trouble but it may be already too late!

Phantasm 2 - The Ball Is Back (1988): Armed with his lethal band of flying silver spheres, the deadly mortician who was thought to have killed his last victim nine years ago returns more dangerous than ever!

Once again, young Michael Pearson and his pal Reggie take on the master of the killer orbs as they race against time and risk their lives to thwart his murderous rampage forever...

Phantasm 3 - Lord Of The Dead (1994): Thirteen years after the original nightmare began, Mike and Reggie reunite with the spirit of Mike's dead brother and are pursued by The Tall Man through warped dimensions of space and time. Who will reign supreme?

Prepare to be scared witless as the fine line between the living and the dead snaps with a vengeance!

Phantasm 4 - Oblivion (1998): The sequel with balls!

The nightmare lives on... but humanity may not! The Phantasm saga reaches its terrifying climax in a horrific explosion of gut-wrenching battles, lethal flying spheres and a spine-tingling quest to discover, once and for all, the secret of the mysterious Tall Man.

For years, the Tall Man (Angus Scrimm) has waged a gruesome war against humanity, slowly populating the world with his undead legions. But two determined heroes, Mike (A. Michael Baldwin) and Reggie (Reggie Bannister), have pledged to stop the horrifying onslaught - for good! By hurling themselves through a gateway in the time/space continuum, they're able to unearth a vital clue from their enemy's past that may put an end to the horror. But the Tall Man, not to be so easily defeated, is massing his dark army for a blood-curdling final assault in which Michael and Reggie must fight not only for their own lives, but future of all mankind.

Directed by Phantasm creator Don Coscarelli, and including never-before-seen footage excised from the bone-chilling original, Phantasm: Oblivion is a nerve-shattering horror thriller charged with astonishing special effects and shocking scenes of pure terror. Brace yourself for a journey beyond your worst nightmares!

And then I felt empty after watching the 4th film as the final sequal looks like it will never make it to the silverscreen or any screen at all :crybaby:
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

Sir Henry at Rawlinson End.

"As English as tuppence".
UBT - PaulC

Post by UBT - PaulC »

The Long Good Friday  :thumbright:

With over 500 DVDs i'm not listing all mine either :)

Paul
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Predator

Aliens II

:lol: