Help with multiple projects

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Martle

Help with multiple projects

Post by Martle »

I need some help with my projects:

The situation is this:

I joined the team bringing my WCG credits with me.

I also crunch BBC.

Both these projects are showing up in my sig box.

I then remembered that I also crunched Seti a while back so I've crunched a few more units with the same user name, same email addie and as a member of this team and a couple of pending results have been awarded credits.

I would have assumed that these results plus the previous total would have now shown in the stats and sig box but as you can see, the Seti credits do not appear.

What am I doing wrong or should I wait a few more days for them to be allocated to my total?

Any advice from you guys would be appreciated  :wink:
Temujin

Re: Help with multiple projects

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:What am I doing wrong or should I wait a few more days for them to be allocated to my total?
If you've used the same email address for all your account, then they should all combine into the same CPID.
It can take a day or so for things to sort themselves out, just wait a bit.
Martle

Post by Martle »

Yea cheers for that. Call me Mr Inpatient but I've been waiting over a week now and still no joy. I've also been crunching  Einstein (a new project for me) and returned a couple of results but still no joy whereas WCG and BBC showed straight away.  :roll:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

It doesn't always happen straight away so sit down and chill :wink:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Help with multiple projects

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Martle wrote:I need some help with my projects:
Hi Martle,

If you take a look here:

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/index ... earchteam=

And then type "Martle" into the LEFT hand box (which is where "ubt" is currently) and then hit "search", you'll see the projects you're involved with right now.

Then scroll to the bottom and you'll see that SETI and WCG are now aligned but that BBC isn't yet.

This is all down to the exact time when each project exports their stats (in the form of an XML file).

Once you've returned some Einstein WU's you'll also show up under this project (again once their stats are updated).

It just takes a few days for ALL the stats sites to recognise your email address (which then generates the unique CPID code, which then allows the stats sites to combine them as one user).

The fact that the SETI stats showed up already means that the other stats sites will soon follow as will your sig logo......

regards,

Tim
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hi Martle,

Sorry, missed this post  :oops:

The problem is you had two cpid's and you signed up to the stats using this one...

ec68f5f69f620532b67d066021fe6e03

Youi then re-aligned your projects to the other cpid so instead of the stats adding projects to your signature it should have started removing them!

Anyhoo, I have changed your stats to your other cpid

427d232bdd47c7c641f5eae875d024b4

and you should now use that one to sign into the signature site should you decide that a Williams colour scheme is required ;)

I also did a manual update and now three of your 4 projects are appearing.
As soon as your einstein one appears that should start to appear.

If you know the einstein cpid I can do a "manual manipulation", also known as mess with the database, to add that.

Darren
Martle

Post by Martle »

Hi Darren

Thanx for sorting that out for me mate.  :D

MY CPID fo Einstein is : 427d232bdd47c7c641f5eae875d024b4

As I'm relatively new to cross project whatsamathingies, I'm not sure what to do when concentrating on crunching for certain projects. Do I suspend, abort or detatch the WU from project I temporarily don't want?

Life was so easy when just crunching WCG but now I've got the multiple project bug, it's opened up a whole new world and I find myself trying a bit of everything that takes my fancy.

BTW My sig is based on the team colours of Renault F1 and not Williams (How very very dare you to get it wrong   :argue: ). I see a few people need educating around here about the best sport in the World.  :D

I won't hold it against you this time as you've been so helpful :lol:

Last edited by Martle on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

deleted
Last edited by Temujin on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Martle wrote: As I'm relatively new to cross project whatsamathingies, I'm not sure what to do when concentrating on crunching for certain projects. Do I suspend, abort or detatch the WU from project I temporarily don't want?
I don't like to have more than 10 projects in the 'Projects list'. This is a personal preferance as 10 projects = 10% per project (nice round figure)  and they squeeze into the 'stats' page just right. If I want to select a project that's not in the current list I'll just re-attach and detach a project that's I'm not bothered with at the time.

Surprizingly, knowing my reputation for breaking things around here, this has never caused a problem!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Darren

Post by Darren »

Hi Martle,
I understood the Renault colour scheme.

I did say "should you decide that a Williams colour scheme is required" ie changing from Renault to Williams who are my favourite team.
Unfortunately the William Honda/Renault days are long gone.

Your einstein stats should appear automatically. The stats look from new projects twice a day but it your user needs to start appearing in the einstein stats before I can add it
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Dazza wrote:Your einstein stats should appear automatically. The stats look from new projects twice a day but it your user needs to start appearing in the einstein stats before I can add it
I'm picking up all 4 accounts with the 427d CPID now, looks like you've done it :thumbup:
Martle

Post by Martle »

Thanx for all your help guys.  :wav:
Martle

Post by Martle »

OK ... Logged in with that new CPID to get my new sig and it comes up with this message ...

There has been a problem

That does not seem to be a valid CPID or you have recently setup your account and it has not been circulated yet
Please try again tomorrow

Maybe I should leave it a few more days.
:wink:
Darren

Post by Darren »

Ah, now, it uses a cookie and I think that may be where the problem is.

Try deleting the cookie for the site and it should all work fine
Martle

Post by Martle »

Took a few hours to kick in after deleting the cookie but as you can see ... it's working fine now.  :D

Thanx again  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Thank God for that was getting ready to bring the sledge hammer around for you :wink:
Keithj

Post by Keithj »

Ho hum.   I've just been to the same place...

I've been with SETI since forever, and have a "Pre-BOINC" and a "post-BOINC" number.   They've never merged but the old one got diddled out of nearly all its units in the "conversion" so I haven't bothered to chase it up.

When I signed up for Einstein, and then for Spinhenge, I didn't worry about cross-project IDs - mainly because I'd never heard of them.   I also used slightly different names and e-mail addresses, as you do.  

I've now been into the individual control panels and changed them all to the same name and e-mail address, and the right statistics appear in some places but not in others.  

Is it just a matter of time before they all realign themselves?   I seem to have three cross-project IDs - the old SETI one, the new SETI one which Spinhenge has picked up, and an Einstein one.   Should I leave them be, or is there a way to edit them?
UBT - Halifax-lad

In time everything will align if they all have the same Email address
Keithj

Post by Keithj »

I'm waiting patiently, but a tad worried that the page at boincstats.com says

User CPID doesn't exist in BOINC combined stats or doesn't have any credit.

I found a link earlier that picked up SETI and Spinhenge results, but can't find that now - the SETI-only one is in my sig now.   [Edit:  guessed the URL and added it into the sig]
Last edited by Keithj on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martle

Post by Martle »

No need to worry Keith. I had exactly the same message when I was going through all this. It will sort itself out in the end.  :wink:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Keithj wrote:Ho hum.   I've just been to the same place...

I've been with SETI since forever, and have a "Pre-BOINC" and a "post-BOINC" number.   They've never merged but the old one got diddled out of nearly all its units in the "conversion" so I haven't bothered to chase it up.
Hi Keith

You weren't diddled out of anything - the BOINC way of crunching is totally different to the (old) Classic SETI application and hence there's no way of assigning "credit" to the old WU's - you may recall that you received 1 credit per returned WU. Now you get multiple credits for returning 1 WU....it's all very different.

But your old SETI "work" is counted on your BOINC SETI account as long as you used the SAME email for both Classic SETI and BOINC SETI.

In the end, it doesn't actually matter, as all the old Classic SETI credits are not relevant anymore. When BOINC started we were all given a clean sheet. And no-one "found" anything anyways... :(
When I signed up for Einstein, and then for Spinhenge, I didn't worry about cross-project IDs - mainly because I'd never heard of them.   I also used slightly different names and e-mail addresses, as you do.  

I've now been into the individual control panels and changed them all to the same name and e-mail address, and the right statistics appear in some places but not in others.  

Is it just a matter of time before they all realign themselves?   I seem to have three cross-project IDs - the old SETI one, the new SETI one which Spinhenge has picked up, and an Einstein one.   Should I leave them be, or is there a way to edit them?
Leave everything be for now and allow the stats websites 24-48 hours for them to all match up.

The MOST important things is to ensure the EMAIL ADDRESS is the same for all. And when you change it, you will receive a confirmation email to the OLD email address asking for confirmation. So, don't get this wrong...!

regards,

Tim
Keithj

Post by Keithj »

Well, it sorted itself in a few hours.   One more project to come when it sorts itself out.
Now to go back and remove some of the clutter from the sig.