Credits

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
DavidandJacqui

Credits

Post by DavidandJacqui »

New to all this so be gentle.
Recently joined team and have credits for BBC CCE, SAP, Einstein and seti but thet don't appear in the team stats - only my seti credit??
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Credits

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DavidandJacqui wrote:New to all this so be gentle.
Recently joined team and have credits for BBC CCE, SAP, Einstein and seti but thet don't appear in the team stats - only my seti credit??
Hi DavidandJacqui,

Welcome to the Team....!

The statistics from each project are usually updated once, maybe twice a day and then the various statistics sites (BOINCSynergy, BOINCStats, etc) compile their own "tables" and "rankings" from these and then display them.

This all takes time, so, if you have just joined our Team on any particular project, it might take a day or two before all the stats have been updated and then your contribution will be included along with everyone elses....!

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Secondly, it is VERY important that you use the same email address on every project that you join, as then all your credits are combined together. Likewise, it also helps if you use the same "username" on each project as this makes it easier for the stats sites to display your stats.

Both of these can be edited on each project under the "My Account" function.

Hope this helps,

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

It can take a few days for all yours credits to re-align after a change has been made. For instance, according to BOINCSTats, you're only in the team for SAPD!

In the meantime, make sure you have joined the team for ALL the projects you are in - user name and email addy's should be EXACTLY the same for EVERY project!

Again, if you've only recently changed or joined the team a few days will be required for the changes to be reflected.

[EDIT} Typical! what's the chances of 2 people answering at exactly the same time!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Hi DavidandJacqui
This is a problem that I, and many other people have/had and is easy to explain.  Open one of your accounts, say SAP and look at the bottom of the screen, and make a note of your Cross-project ID. it is a string of letters and numbers about 32 characters long.  This is created by the server when you opened your account and is unique to you with your email address.  When you created a second account, say at the BBC the server checks your email address with other projects and creates a new cross-project ID if your email address is not found, or copies the ID from the SAP project if you have used the same email address.  
To have all your credits combined you must have the same email address on all the projects.  The servers will then change the cross-project ID’s to be the same, this will take a few days, and will be the ID of the project you first started with.  However the servers check only after you upload or download work.
First make sure all you email addresses are identical, and it is better if DavidandJaqui is the same as well, and then wait.  If for instance you have no SAP or Einstein work at present then you will have to download at least one, and also wait for the BBC to complete another year to do another trickle.
Hope this helps.
Or three people at the same time
:oops:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Typical! what's the chances of 2 people answering at exactly the same time!

Just goes to show the caring, considerate nature of the team that we both felt compelled to help......but next time, tap me on the shoulder first and let me know you're going to answer - and I'll do the same - it'll save us both some time.......... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

As all your credits are already combined you have the same E-mail address on all projects give it a few more hours or so and all will be fine
DavidandJacqui

Missing Credits

Post by DavidandJacqui »

Ok - only just joined THE team and already getting paranoid. Cannot see my SAP credits
UBT - Halifax-lad

It may just be taking its time to update all your credits are in one place under your name so just need to wait for SAP to show up

Might me an idea to turn in a trickle it may speed up the process, plus double check you did join us there
DavidandJacqui

Post by DavidandJacqui »

Thanks - checked that i joined. Tried to start a new project as i finished the last one but no new tasks sent - thought that might give it a Kick
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DavidandJacqui wrote:Thanks - checked that i joined. Tried to start a new project as i finished the last one but no new tasks sent - thought that might give it a Kick
my stats have picked you up in all 4 of your projects and if mine can, the other sites should too  :D
DavidandJacqui

stats in signature

Post by DavidandJacqui »

How do i see my stats and display in my signature?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Re: stats in signature

DavidandJacqui wrote:How do i see my stats and display in my signature?
go here create a sig then add it to your forum profile
DavidandJacqui

Thanks

Post by DavidandJacqui »

Thank you for your help