A 'Testing' Section

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Martle

A 'Testing' Section

Post by Martle »

I know I'm still the new boy around here but could we please have a 'Test' section for the sole purpose of testing our sigs and other stuff?

It would be a useful place to experiment in without cluttering up the other threads.  :roll:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

A test section would be nice for playing around with bbcode etc but probably wouldn't be useful with sigs.

A sig is evaluated when the message is viewed not when it is posted so if you change a sig it comes out changed on all your previous postings not just any new messages you are posting.

The best way to play with sigs is first to save your current sig. Then change it, go view one of your earlier postings. Repeat as necessary till it looks ok.
Martle

Post by Martle »

OK point taken.  :D

Let me put it another way then ...

A 'Test' section for the sole purpose of testing out our bbcode, screenshot images and other stuff? It would be a useful place to experiment in without cluttering up the other threads.   :roll:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I have used other forums which have a test area, and it seems to work quite well. I agree that we should do the same for sigs, avatars etc.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Sigs & avatars can be previewed in the user control panel anything else can't be
UBT - Rick Horn

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Sigs & avatars can be previewed in the user control panel anything else can't be

Doesn`t always come up on the forum though if you`ve got it wrong.
Darren

Post by Darren »

OK, I have added a testing section.

It will be (hopefully) auto-pruned so do not post anything that is important here.

You have been warned! :wink:
Martle

Post by Martle »

Thanx. Used it already.  :wink:
UBT - Rick Horn

Dazza wrote:OK, I have added a testing section.

It will be (hopefully) auto-pruned so do not post anything that is important here.

You have been warned! :wink:

Is that a sort of auto-distruct for unwanted test posts?
Last edited by UBT - Rick Horn on Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

It removes posts generally after a set period of time of inactivity on a particular post
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Any chance of making the little grey bell stay grey instead of changing to orange (or even 'wobble orange' ( I'm sure there's a tek-nikle name for it)  if there's a lot of posting going on!) when there's a new post in there?

I like to keep everything tidy and it'll be a pain always selecting 'mark all posts as read' all the time.

:withstupid:

(Membah of the kampain for bad inglish n spelin sosiity)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Just press mark all messages as read it only takes a second to press the link, stop been lazy :shock:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Just press mark all messages as read it only takes a second to press the link, stop been lazy :shock:
Ah - Dave wants to be a member ov the sociity as well I see!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image