Rosetta UOTD Award

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Rosetta UOTD Award

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I just had this email:
Congratulations!

You've been chosen as the Rosetta@home user of the day!
Your profile will be featured on the Rosetta@home website for the next 24 hours.
Somehow I don't think I deserve this as I do not crunch much on Rosetta these days (since they increased the computing power required to complete each task). But no point in dwelling on such trivia !

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Rosetta UOTD Award

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Tim,
Congrats! I stopped doing Rosetta as my PC choked and died each time, so not much chance of me getting UOTD for it!!
Rgds
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Rosetta UOTD Award

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:54 pm Tim,
Congrats! I stopped doing Rosetta as my PC choked and died each time, so not much chance of me getting UOTD for it!!
Rgds
Penny
Hi Penny

And thanks for the "congrats" :-)

However, as I mentioned, I'd not crunched Rosetta for a while, and getting a UOTD award seems to be independant of you actually earning any (recent) credits...so I think you have as much chance as anyone else to get such an award.

(Though it was rumoured in the long distant past that updating your project profile gives you more chance of earning a UOTD award - I'm not sure if that still holds true these days and I've not updated my profile on the project website so maybe this is irrelevant now?).

regards
Tim