Rake Search Challenge

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Rake Search Challenge

Post by stephenhunter »

Thought I would get ahead of things this time, so joined the Rake Search project early. However I can't download any tasks :(
There are tasks available on the server.
Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Rake Search Challenge

Post by UBT - Timbo »

stephenhunter wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:31 pm Thought I would get ahead of things this time, so joined the Rake Search project early. However I can't download any tasks :(
There are tasks available on the server.
Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
Hi Stephen

I just "allowed" Rakesearch to send me some tasks and they came straight away !

https://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/server_status.php

And there are 19,980 tasks available (Task data as of 26 Dec 2022, 14:17:21 UTC).

such as:
Joint search of ODLS12 with Gerasim project - 18180
Generalized symmetries in parastrophic slices for DLS of order 10 - 1427

BUT see the bottom of the above linked page, where it says: "Tasks by application"

and compare to here:

https://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/apps.php

I do not think there are any special requirements - but the tasks that are available are for Windows PCs, and you have a Linux PC (according to your "hosts list"):
Linux Fedora Linux
Fedora Linux 36 (KDE Plasma) [6.0.14-200.fc36.x86_64|libc 2.35]
So, that's where the problem is - it's not you, it's just what type of tasks are available...

regards
Tim
stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Re: Rake Search Challenge

Post by stephenhunter »

Yes, I see that now. Thanks Tim

Glad it's not my own incompetence that was holding things up :lol:

I will get it going on my laptop, Parlea as well