Convoluted question

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - BHCJackie

Convoluted question

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

Yesterday I wrote:
....why are the forum titles a clickable link which is the forum link?
ie: in Team News the title is clickable to http://ubtforum.icandothis.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1 which is the forum.
{Deity}!! Talk about going round in circles but I dunno exactly how else to explain it.
David kindly replied:
The links on forums are clickable to enable the user to get back to either the main board or the forum they were previously in
I responded:
Ok on each forum it says the forum title ie "Team News" (underneath it says "Moderators: none"). If you click the forum title you don't go anywhere because the link is http://ubtforum.icandothis.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1 which is the forum.
Clearer? Probably not :?
I've had another look at the majority of the threads and AFAI can see each thread title is a clickable link but the link goes no where.
Assuming I've got it right the title of this thread "Convoluted question" will become a clickable link. If you click the link nothing will happen because the link points to the thread in question.

So my convoluted question is - WHY does this happen?

Phew! :roll:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its just the way they are if you mean the title of each thread, they don't do anything, don't worry you are not misisng anything good :lol:
Temujin

Re: Convoluted question

Post by Temujin »

UBT - BHCJackie wrote: Assuming I've got it right the title of this thread "Convoluted question" will become a clickable link. If you click the link nothing will happen because the link points to the thread in question.
I understand you convoluted question and your quite right, the link does nothing.
So my convoluted question is - WHY does this happen?
Phew! :roll:
I've no idea, seems stoopid
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Technically it doesn't do nothing, it refreshes the page I'd assume which could be handy if you were waiting for someone to respond to a thread...

Martin
Darren

Post by Darren »

I think it's just a hang over of code. If you try it from the main index then the other ones contract leaving only the one you clicked open.

The others are still clickable. and then the one you were looking at contracts and the one you clicked expands