Rosetta UOTD

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Rosetta UOTD

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I missed this from 30th May !!
Congratulations!

You've been chosen as the Rosetta@home user of the day!
Your profile will be featured on the Rosetta@home website for the next 24 hours.
So, another point in my chase, but not enough to make a big difference:

http://uotd.org/top_participants.py?team=7

(and just look at how many "closed down" projects are on my list above !! I'd forgotten about half of them :-( )

regards
Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Rosetta UOTD

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Congratulations your 5th one on Rosetta (adding my ids together out of 599 uotd I only have 2 on rosetta) - Just got Moo! Wrapper to make 600
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Thanks Mark

I have to say there is no "skill" involved on my side (and yes I know there are ways to coerce the system)...but I'm just happy to keep the flag flying ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:22 pm Thanks Mark

I have to say there is no "skill" involved on my side (and yes I know there are ways to coerce the system)...but I'm just happy to keep the flag flying ;-)

regards
Tim

Are there ones that actually work? I have a profile and pic on every project I can but they seem quite random, earning credit with some may help but when I wasn't crunching for some while they still accumulated.

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT-mark3346 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:21 pm Are there ones that actually work? I have a profile and pic on every project I can but they seem quite random, earning credit with some may help but when I wasn't crunching for some while they still accumulated.
Hi Mark

WOW !! Nice work there ;-)

I think it was our own illustrious "Mikee" who figured out that your chances of earning a UOTD award was to edit/change your own profile on the project, which somehow gave you an "extra" advantage.

But I would wager that in some cases, it was just luck of the draw, due to the limited number of members who signed up to crunch on some of the more "unusual" or even less well paying (credits) projects.

Nowadays, I think some projects do not even implement the UOTD function...(though I'm not 100% sure of this)...but I've not had any UOTD awards from many of the newer projects, even though I have signed up for them and have some earned credits on many of them. :-(

regards
Tim
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Hi Tim
Nowadays, I think some projects do not even implement the UOTD function...(though I'm not 100% sure of this)...but I've not had any UOTD awards from many of the newer projects, even though I have signed up for them and have some earned credits on many of them.
There are certainly some projects that do not have it active and a few that always "error" when trying to create a profile even though at some stage they must have worked as they select a uotd - I did update most of the profiles I could access a while ago and cannot say I noticed any difference in being selected (perhaps delete and replace would have made a difference)

Mark
UBT - PennyQ

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Impressive list Mark, and congratulations Tim!

Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:25 am Impressive list Mark, and congratulations Tim!

Penny
Thanks Penny