20 Million on Einstein

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

20 Million on Einstein

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Thanks to the recent FB Sprint, I've now reached the 20 million credits mark on Einstein@home. :-D

'Twas a long time coming, and despite the project having been in existence since 2005, it is still one of my 3 worst credit totals where GPU tasks are still available (the others being Amicable and Asteroids - I could include NumberFields but GPU tasks have only been available for a (relatively) short while).

So, maybe I need to give all of those 3 projects some GPU "time" and see if I can earn a few more credits with them? !!

regards
Tim
(PS I did get to 10m on SETI@home but that is now retired, so I can't count that!! And I'm not counting MLC or minecraft either, as they are very new projects - I'll get around to them once the above have reached more "serious" totals !)
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: 20 Million on Einstein

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Well done Tim. Caught up with me then! ;)
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Well done. It's not a project I've ever tried.

I've stopped doing GPU crunching for a number of reasons, the current energy prices being one.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:11 am Well done Tim. Caught up with me then! ;)
Penny
Thanks Penny. :-)

TBH, I do like the more "sciencey"-based projects, but for some reason, Einstein never really got me "that" interested in their project...

Caught up ?? just about... ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:16 am Well done. It's not a project I've ever tried.
Hiya

Thanks for the reply Jeffers.

The tasks do suit GPUs and I just crunched some Einstein tasks when others were not available, or when Sprints featured this project.
Jeffers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:16 amI've stopped doing GPU crunching for a number of reasons, the current energy prices being one.
Yup - I'm have a similar feeling...and esp with the (hopefully)forthcoming warmer weather, so less justification for running GPUs when room temps are naturally going to be higher.

regards
Tim
stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Post by stephenhunter »

Well done Tim

I'm hoping for my first 20m in a few days. Not on Einstein, that would take me years :)
Rachael2022
UBT Contributor

Post by Rachael2022 »

Congratulations - that is a monumental amount of crunching there!