Why Does my name Not appear on the list of members contribution

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
John L Smith
UBT Contributor

Why Does my name Not appear on the list of members contribution

Post by John L Smith »

Hi,
Hope someone can help me. Just checked the members list of contributions to see where I was now that I am running a Supermicro computer with twin 14 core processors capable of running 56 threads at the same time so my contribution could be of some value in team challenges and overall stats.
Checked that I was a member and that what it says on the World Community Grid site and I receive Timbos much appreciated emails. Any one with any ideas - have I accidentally ticked a box or not done so somewhere??
John
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Why Does my name Not appear on the list of members contribution

Post by Woodles »

Hi John,

Where did you "check the members list"?

If you mean on WCG, due to GDPR, I believe you now need to agree to have your stats exported from WCG (amongst other projects) However, since they updated their website, there's no place where you can click on to do it!

However, you can log in normally then go to https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/v ... ing.action and find the missing link :)

Regards,

(WCG list UBT as having 202 members, stats sites only know of 177 as the other 25 are not having their stats exported)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi John

Welcome back to the forum !

As Woodles mentions, some BOINC projects are adhering to the GDPR directive and hence you need to confirm your agreement to share your stats data by allowing the project to export the stats.

WCG are one of the projects involved, as is Einstein, CPDN and a few others. Each project needs your permission to share your data so you need to login to each one in turn to allow your permission.

Login to your WCG account, then click on the "Profile and settings" logo (the green circle at the top right) and on the new page, on the left, click the "Data sharing" tab at the side and then just click on the bit that says "Display my data" then click on Save (in the blue box underneath).

Then just wait and see - it might take a few days for your stats to be shown.

regards
Tim
Rachael2022
UBT Contributor

Post by Rachael2022 »

Hey! I have just managed to register and wanted to make a post to say hi, but for some reason I can't make my own thread- maybe its because I am too new.. So kind of hijacking this thread to wave to the OP - but also to everyone else who passes by! Glad to be here <3
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Rachael

Welcome to the forum !

Glad you've been able to register OK.

regards
Tim
stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Post by stephenhunter »

Hi all, same as rachael2022, I can't post a welcome so hijacked this post. Kind of new to this, just started crunching in Jan this year, jumped over to Einstein when WCG shut down, still not really sure how all of this works, so bear with :)
Rachael2022
UBT Contributor

Post by Rachael2022 »

I can only use the quick reply feature - the full editor seems restricted for me (it appears as a blank square) - so no emojis in my replies, but welcome Stephen!!

How are is the storm where you are? I am in Staffs so some winds and bit of hail so far. I had to chase my children's trampoline this morning which was fun... eep!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Stephen

Welcome to the forum.

Apologies to you and Rachael and to all the other members for this "technical" issue with the forum.

I think I have figured out what the problem is (a compatibility issue between the new version of php and the forum software) and I just need an hour (or maybe more) to take the board offline and instigate a fix.

Hopefully it'll be better once this has taken place, sometime over this weekend.

regards
Tim

PS:
I am in Staffs so some winds and bit of hail so far
I'm in Staffs too...Newcastle to be exact. :-)
stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Post by stephenhunter »

North Yorkshire, we got off lightly, just light winds. Heavy show at the moment though
Rachael2022
UBT Contributor

Post by Rachael2022 »

We had some snow today too, felt like we were travelling at warp speed in the car!