1 million up on LHC :-)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

1 million up on LHC :-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I've been trying to hit some personal targets and the first one should be achieved today.

1 MILLION on LHC@home :-)

Currenty I'm at 999,133 but I have a few tasks pending which should push me over the 1M mark.

Next up might be either:

VGTU (904,969) or
T. Brada (776,781) or
QuChem (555,594) or
SiDock (458,817)

Just depends on which project has an abundance of tasks I guess. 8)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: 1 million up on LHC :-)

Post by Woodles »

:happy-wavemulticolor:

Congratulations Tim :)

VGTU has no work, T.Brada has no work, QuChem has work but still has problems running the VM under Windows (Linux is fine), SiDock has work and is reliable .... just don't go too far past the million :twisted:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:57 pm :happy-wavemulticolor:

Congratulations Tim :)
Thanks Mark :-)
Woodles wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:57 pmVGTU has no work, T.Brada has no work, QuChem has work but still has problems running the VM under Windows (Linux is fine), SiDock has work and is reliable .... just don't go too far past the million :twisted:
I stopped requesting LHC tasks this morning, and about 44 tasks are pending now...some will not earn many credits as the tasks took seconds, but there are a few more that took between 20,000 and 30,000 seconds to complete and these earn a couple of hundred credits each.

As of now, the total is 999,955 so I will "overshoot" the target by maybe 5,000 credits...but that's OK.

As for the other projects? - I've just set BOINC Manager to request work and if it comes then fine, if not then there are some projects (like SiDock as you mention) that do have plenty of work to crunch...

So, I'll just leave the hosts as they are and just crunch on until the next target is reached. :o

regards
Tim
wbiz
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by wbiz »

@Tim, I noticed your LHC activity the other day as you were my partner in crime on one work unit. I also noticed that your Boinc rate is 1300 times faster than mine, pretty impressive!

Rosetta has dried up for my computer so after various mistakes trying account managers (never ever again) I've found LHC-sixtrack has loads of jobs that work on my Pi4.