SmartDots are useless !!

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

SmartDots are useless !!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Has anyone tried these products from Energydots?

They are not cheap and claim to "counteract the harmful energy emitted by wireless and electronic equipment" to aid sleep, cure headaches and give a clearer mind."

Because according to this, researchers have found them to be useless !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55613452

TBH, (and having a background in tech and radio frequencies for a good few years) I really could not see how a small label, worn on the wrist, or applied to the surface of a product that emitted RF, could actually protect anyone.

Of course if the "dot" covered the entire body and formed a Faraday cage around you (and have a lead-out that was permanently connected to ground, to drain away any "captured" voltages), then I can imagine it would work...but a small circle of a couple of centimetres in diameter ? Sound likes a case of "Kings New Clothes" to me...

Such a shame they didn't pull one of the "dots" apart to see what (if anything) was inside...and how come they cost so much?

And what is this "mumbo-jumbo about "We state clearly that our products harmonise the fields"....more like de-harmonise peoples bank accounts ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: SmartDots are useless !!

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Rather similar to the copper bracelets that have been around for decades which claim to help with arthritis! About 100% placebo effect...
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: SmartDots are useless !!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 am Rather similar to the copper bracelets that have been around for decades which claim to help with arthritis! About 100% placebo effect...
Penny
Hi Penny

My mum wore a copper bracelet for some time (on her wrist) and claimed that it worked...though all I could see was the green copper oxide that formed a band around her wrist due to her continuous wearing of the bracelet. So, I was quite sure it was having a psychological benefit, rather than "leeching copper ions into her blood stream".

But as you say, it's most likely a "I've been told it works, therefore it does work" attitude.

I sometimes wonder about the homeopathy industry too...where certain substances are diluted (in water) to crazy amounts and which in theory, become far more active as a result. In which case, if true, all the "homeopathy drugs" passed into the water treatment cycle (via use of lavatories) would now be so diluted as to be immensely powerful and so the tap water we drink should cure all known diseases...

Sadly this hasn't happened... :-(

regards
Tim