Reinstalling Boinc

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - BHCJackie

Reinstalling Boinc

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

Ok now GertII is more or less back in business how do I get her back to crunching?

As advised I kept my Boinc folder through all the fun and games of reinstalling XP so I have everything from before.

Obviously the majority of my WU's will have expired  :cry:  and I'm totally behind on optimised clients and such like.

So what do I do now?
Francis McDermott
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Francis McDermott »

Glad to see you are back Jackie  :D

Once the Boinc folder is in place, you just need to reinstall over the top of it. It won't overwrite any project info so when you start it up again it will advise you to abort old WUs and download some new ones for you.

(I've reinstalled Boinc over the top of the original files when changing to a service install and had no problems.)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I would just forget about the BOINC backup and just go a nice clean install of the latest BOINC client. If you sign up to BAM also this will make it easier for you to attach back to the projects you want to rather than having to manually type in all those Urls and passwords etc etc