Another NEW Project - CMS-dev

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Another NEW Project - CMS-dev

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

And yet another new project (and thanks to Mikee for the heads-up):

http://boincai05.cern.ch/CMS-dev/index.php

This project is PRE-BETA, so very much a "testing" project, and the admins would like feedback (on their message boards) on your experience of crunching some WU's. There could be some errors and periods when WU's are not available...so be warned.

This project also requires VirtualBox and the Extension Pack, so use with the relevant BOINC download.

Once again, an invitation code is required so PM me and I'll let you know.

regards
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

...and a 547Mb BOINC download and (on my system) 1.5Gb virtual disc image file! So make sure you have the room to fit!

Just installed it and it's running (2 minutes to do 0.1%) so at current rate it'll take 33 hours to do 1 WU! Hope there's lots of checkpoints as this PC goes off at night!

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:...and a 547Mb BOINC download and (on my system) 1.5Gb virtual disc image file! So make sure you have the room to fit!

Just installed it and it's running (2 minutes to do 0.1%) so at current rate it'll take 33 hours to do 1 WU! Hope there's lots of checkpoints as this PC goes off at night!

Mike
Yup - it's apparently quite memory and network intensive, so give it a short blast and see what happens.

I can't run VB on my main PC, as I don't have enough memory to really make it fly.

regards
Tim