Pi on the way

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Pi on the way

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi, team - just ordered myself a little Rasp Pi :) and I was wondering which projects are best to run on it? Done a bit of research, and found that enigma@home is a good one, and needless to say, I'll be running WUProp, but any other good projects for a Pi to help on?
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Chris,

Not got one myself but i believe theSkyNet POGS (http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/) is a good one to go for.

Mark
scole of TSBT
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by scole of TSBT »

I've got several Rasp PIs to run miners, but one won't run WUProp. Downloads a different app version than the others and it errors out. Thought I followed the same install/setup as others. Will image one of the others next.

If you are interested in single board ARM systems for crunching, I think android TV boxes are the best bang for the buck. Quad core, 1.4-2.0 Ghz, 1GB-2GB RAM. They run projects for ARM android vs ARM linux.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Ok - thanks, Mark - I'll do pogs, cos there are some nice looking badges there :D, and I want my gold on enigma, and thanks scole - if it doesn't run, no loss, but I'd love it to run, and I'll look in to one of those android boxes :)
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

It's arrived :D just need to get it up and running, but that'll probably end up happening tomorrow, as I am out in about an hour, but I'm looking forward to getting it to run BOINC :)
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Set up, and just downloaded BOINC, and gonna get that up and running within the next hour or two! :D