Team Emails

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Team Emails

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi, Team - just had an idea - we could all get a "team email". For example, mine is {[ Sorry - I removed my address because of web-bots - sorry - if you want to contact me on my team address, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to give it to you]}  and I now use it for most BOINC projects, and will use it if anyone in the team needs to contact me. Also, the idea of this email is that it is solely for use with BOINC, so therefore, I am happy to share it with the team.
Last edited by UBT - Chris on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Chris,

My problem is that I signed up to most of my projects before joining the team and I used my normal email address.

So I then have the choice of creating a new email address and changing all the projects over to that one (with the associated problems of that creating me a new ID on each project and having to wait for them all to join back together again) or giving out my normal email that I use for everything else.

I have no problems with having a team email that team members can contact me on but that's not much different to having PMs here. I get an email on my normal account to say I have a message and I just log in here to read it.

Mark
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi Mark,
Good point - I didn't think of that... And yes, it is similar to a PM, but the idea of the email is that you could share files more easily. Come to think of it, I will now have to wait until all of my projects to reconnect to each other now :/ should take a few days...

But, if anybody needs to contact me, I'll be fine with you either dropping me a PM, or an email, (or if urgent both).
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Team Emails

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Hi, Team - just had an idea - we could all get a "team email". For example, mine is UBT.Chris@gmail.com and I now use it for most BOINC projects, and will use it if anyone in the team needs to contact me. Also, the idea of this email is that it is solely for use with BOINC, so therefore, I am happy to share it with the team.
Hi Chris,

In fact, the "team" owns 3 different domain names:

ukboincteam.com
ukboincteam.org.uk
ukboincteam.co.uk

(of which the last two are under "my" control - the dot com is owned by Darren, who set up this forum)

So, it's entirely possible that I can assign anyone to have "their choice of name" as a prefix to a UBT suffix (on a 1st come, 1st served basis, if there is a name clash).

This option was suggested a long time ago, but only about 3 members took up the offer...and the .org.uk has been used for this purpose.

If anyone wants a UBT email addy, then drop me a PM and I'll set it up.

Note that it is a "receive only" POP3 account for your email client - emails are not sent via UBT servers and as such, you'd need to send emails via another service provider.....or you can log in and use the UBT webmail server - which might be handy if you are travelling :)

And Chris - I would edit your email addy on the forum - as web-bots like trawling our website and gathering up email addys to sell to spam merchants.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Tim - I'd be interested in a Team Domain Email :D and I'll move it now - don't need spam going to it!