About to pass Hungary?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

About to pass Hungary?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

According to

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_t ... pr=bo&st=0

We're only 9654 credits behind them! I've got me calculator out and checked!

I'm not sure who's stats to believe but I like the BOINCStats one 'cos we're gonna hit 45th (err.... that's 43rd) spot sooner - like tomorrow or Thursday.

When I get this damn 40 hour (and counting) Rectilinear WU finished we'll be closer still!
Last edited by UBT - Mikee on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

or did you mean 43rd place? :)
Darren

Post by Darren »

Believe which one you like but if you really think that Hungary only have 50 credits on Predictor then fine.
If however you trust me and assume that they really have  737,424.86
then I think you'll agree that we will pass them later in the year.

You see there are two Hungary's in the predictor project.

Just be patient.
UBT - Calum Mercer

Maybe the real question is which stats are we using on the team website?. If there is this error I'm sure there will be others probably on all sides and we can't be certain which is right.

To use the old saying there are lies, damn lies and statistics

:twisted:
Darren

Post by Darren »

Mine are right!
UBT - Calum Mercer

I'm sure none of your statistics match the phrase above

:notworthy:  :sign6:  :evil:  :lol:

and may all your assumptions be accurate :roll:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Dazza wrote:Mine are right!
Probably are - I know you've put a lot of work in them thar stats!

Now you mention it I remember you saying about the 2 'Hungary' teams.

I assume tho' that most users will be looking at the BOINCStats and taking them as gospel. When (or if) they're sorted you can say you were right all along! (Mind you - you can say that now anyway..... - oh you have!!) :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:
Probably are - I know you've put a lot of work in them thar stats!

Now you mention it I remember you saying about the 2 'Hungary' teams.

I assume tho' that most users will be looking at the BOINCStats and taking them as gospel. When (or if) they're sorted you can say you were right all along! (Mind you - you can say that now anyway..... - oh you have!!) :D

Hi all,

The problem with "Hungary" (the BOINC team, not the country), is that the "founder" of either of the Predictor teams named "Hungary", is NOT the same person as the founder of the team on other projects.

As such, no one can be entirely sure that they should have all their team credits added together and in the case of "Predictor" project, the BOINCstats site has sided with the Predictor team that has 50 credits and has added those to the other projects credit total that have a team called "Hungary" joined to it - likewise, the BOINCSynergy stats site has also done this.

Our team is assuming (based on the name of the members of each team) that the REAL stats total should include the "Hungary" Predictor team that has 700,000+ credits and as such we feel confident that we are actually correct when it comes to the total credits needed to pass them.

regards,

Tim
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Why don't people post massages on the Predictor site asking them to rename  
the Hungary with 50 credits Hungary2 or something, there should not be 2 teams with the same name, the sites software is at fault and an administrator should put it right.  I saw something like this on the Predictor site in one of the usergroups before about something like this for another team.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its done now and its tuff, its here to stay unless the person in the other one decides to get rid of it or rename it.

There is no point leaving a message on the forums no staff look at them anymore
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - JohnR wrote:Why don't people post massages on the Predictor site asking them to rename  
the Hungary with 50 credits Hungary2 or something, there should not be 2 teams with the same name, the sites software is at fault and an administrator should put it right.  I saw something like this on the Predictor site in one of the usergroups before about something like this for another team.

Ultimately, at some point, we'll have accrued more that the 700,000 crdits needed and then we can be in no doubt that we have indeed passed the "combined" total of any of the Hungary team totals.

That's what we're aiming for and then there can be no dispute. :P

So, until then, keep crunching and in a month or two, we can be sure of having overtaken them.

In the meantime, we've got AMD Users coming up fast behind us and hence we need to keep them at bay in order to protect our world ranking position - given that we passed them some months ago, when SETI credits were more available..... 8)

regards,

Tim
UBT - Calum Mercer

Dazza

with Boicstats making their team scoring useless I definitely agree your's are the true ones :lol:  :notworthy:  - what is the address for them I want to add them to my favourites rather than open up in a frame within the team pages

Calum
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

The BOINCstats website has at last agreed with Darren's opinion concerning the total number of "Hungary" team credits.

They now (correctly) are shown slightly above us:

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_t ... &to=100#40 in 43rd place - we're in 44th.

and this link shows the 770,000+ Predictor credits which were missing before !

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_t ... =bo&id=237

(There is now only one "Hungary" team in Predictor, BTW - the "other" team is now called "Hungary2").

BOINCsysnergy haven't caught up yet on the World Team stats, but the projects stats HAVE been updated !!

regards,

Tim
Darren

Post by Darren »

Told you Mine are right  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Dazza wrote:
Told you Mine are right  :wink:
Everything will be right now and forever, Predictor have sorted it for good