1 million.. and more

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

1 million.. and more

Post by UBT - Chris »

Well, I am officially a BOINC millionaire, well multimillionaire now, because Woodles helped, but it feels amazing to be "up there" with the top guys :)

So, I have thanked woodles by pm, but I want to take this opportunity to thank him publicly :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: 1 million.. and more

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Well, I am officially a BOINC millionaire, well multimillionaire now, because Woodles helped, but it feels amazing to be "up there" with the top guys :)

So, I have thanked woodles by pm, but I want to take this opportunity to thank him publicly :D
Excellent stuff....

That should give you enough of a "start" so that when your own ASIC crunching get's going, you can see how well you are doing.

Sadly, you will have to recognise that your crunching won't be as significant as Woodles, in any given time period. But we all had to start off slowly...so, all power to you.

And many thanks to Mark for his unselfish help - another pack of HobNobs will have to be heading your way now !!

(I really wish we could get some HobNob vouchers, redeemable in store - saves them getting mashed up in the post !!)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Excellent stuff....

That should give you enough of a "start" so that when your own ASIC crunching get's going, you can see how well you are doing.
Hi Chris,

Just a teaser to get you hooked :twisted:
UBT - Timbo wrote:Sadly, you will have to recognise that your crunching won't be as significant as Woodles, in any given time period. But we all had to start off slowly...so, all power to you.
I started off slowly as well, I just got carried way :oops: :D
UBT - Timbo wrote:(I really wish we could get some HobNob vouchers, redeemable in store - saves them getting mashed up in the post !!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/McVities-Mcviti ... ds=hobnobs ?

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark,

OK, so Amazon sell HobNobs - but £3.49 for delivery in 3-4 days.....for that sort of fee I'd expect a chauffeur to hand-deliver them the very next day.

and besides which, these are cheaper AND better !!!:

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore ... 0001079210

Trouble is, the minimum spend for Home Delivery is £25. So, that'll be 25 packets of HobNobs then !! ;)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi Mark,

OK, so Amazon sell HobNobs - but £3.49 for delivery in 3-4 days.....for that sort of fee I'd expect a chauffeur to hand-deliver them the very next day.

and besides which, these are cheaper AND better !!!:

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore ... 0001079210

Trouble is, the minimum spend for Home Delivery is £25. So, that'll be 25 packets of HobNobs then !! ;)

regards
Tim
Hi Tim,

I like your thinking  :D

Mark
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

haha - thanks, guys, and it looks like Plan iPad is on hold, to be replaced with plan ASIC! :D Let's get crunching!
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Yes, my fiendish plan worked :angel11:

Anyone else want a leg up the BU ladder?  :D
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Haha - it sure did, Woodles, and Tim - you could just send money to Mark through PayPal,  and he could buy hobnobs himself, from you - to save them getting crushed and to avoid extortionate delivery prices!