Eight Below - One of the Best Nature Films Ever Made

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

Eight Below - One of the Best Nature Films Ever Made

Post by Zydor »

This is based around a True Story of a set of Dog Sled Crew of dogs that had to be left behind just before the onset of the Antarctic Winter, by a Japanese Antartic Team in 1957. Its not only an incredible true story, but contains some of the best camera shots I have ever seen of Antarctica.

Its a wonderful, wonderful Family-Level film that I guarantee will have even the most hard boiled Dad in tears. Its unmissible. I watched it - yet again - tonight,  I have never tired of it - its an amazing  film.

If you have not seen it, best route is via LoveFilm, they carry it as an Instant Film - www.lovefilm.com - search on "Eight Below" (no quotes) - direct URL there is:

http://www.lovefilm.com/film/?token=%3F ... %26m%3DGET

....... else search and search on the Web for "Eight Below" (no quotes), you will be rewarded with one of the best True Life Nature Stories ever made. Incredible Film ....
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

It`s a great film. I have it on DVD.  :D