Merlyn (The Scottish Boinc Team)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Merlyn (The Scottish Boinc Team)

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I quite often wondered what happened to Steve. He was a prolific contributor to the BOINC cause and suddenly 'disappeared' around April 2011.

Just having a look at TSBTs site and I found this http://www.dunadd.co.uk/seti/forum/view ... 98&start=0 (2nd entry refers).

If I remember rightly he came to our team then for some reason jumped ship and went over to TSBT. For several months he was a thorn in our side as his considerable contribution over there meant that TSBT were matching and sometimes overtaking our output. He was so good that he is still number 67 in the world and number one in several projects at TSBT even after over 2 years absence!

He used to wind us up terribly (though, I think, with a wink in his eye), though he may not have known it, we would wind him up by our use of the Sneaky Club.

He has been missed and, now that I realise what has happened, I'm sad to see that we won't be able to wind him up again

RIP Steve (Sorry it's a bit belated)

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

That's sad, I assumed he just moved on to another team.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Sad news indeed about Merlyn - tis a shame when "life" gets in the way....

(And I speak from my own experience).

If anyone posts messages on TSBT, then please pass on our belated condolences - even if he passed away over 2 years ago.

regards
Tim
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

That is sad news, he was a character.

The latter get fewer and fewer these days as some people just seem to want to turn everything into  a "Blood Sport", that's always very tedious......  and utterly pointless.

He was a nice guy .... RIP Steve ...