Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
whitecrow

Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

Post by whitecrow »

I love news and wanted bring more threads up so gone try bring some news topics up talk about if it OK.
just join in give your views and reply to them.

anyway http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead suicide after prank call from Dj's from Australia.

Makes me sad when we have Nurses which do really hard important stressful job with not great pay. And they get bad shift work and not much great reward. And things they have deal with and do they are hero's.

Then you get DJ with lot bigger pay packet less stressful job which way less important in society go do something to cause death of a hard working women.

Doesn't matter which country there from just makes me angry. it's OK when they pick on lazy politicians but a hard working Nurse ahhhhhhhhh.

a joke gone to far which them Dj's will have live with rest life knowing it caused a death,.  :?

whats everyone view.  :?  :shock:  :shock:

may she RIP and i feel for her two children  :cry:
david

Post by david »

Mate as far as i am concerned they should be tried for murder then transperted to Antartica and live in an igloo for the rest of their lives

A deplorable supposed joke anyway gone horribly wrong,with absolutely no thought to possible consequences

Passed through the legal dept what a joke those turkeys wouldn't know,snot eaters all of em

David
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

The problem with these sort of 'jokes' is that the jokers might end up humiliating someone (as appears to be the case here) who just can't deal with being the butt of a global news story. Very tragic for everyone involved.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi,

My "take" on this is that all too often, these days, so called "journalists" and "entertainers" (as these Aussie DJ's call themselves) are too keen to put people on the spot, so as to make something "newsworthy" for themselves or their employers....

It's the same with the paparazzi photographers who are only interested in taking pics and then syndicating them to all the different press agencies, in return for a fat fee...

The trouble is that there are lots of people who WANT to see such pics or read outlandish stories about z-list celebs..:(

Press "intrusion" is now just part of their "business" criteria.....although maybe the Leveson Report might do something about it, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

regards
Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've never found the idea of 'Spoof' or 'Crank' calls funny at all :(
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

melter65 wrote:I've never found the idea of 'Spoof' or 'Crank' calls funny at all :(
Couldn't agree more, Dave. How could the perpetrators of these sort of calls know the mental state of the recipient of the call? Their 'victim' could have suffered a serious family illness (or worse) recently and still be getting over it; they could have had a very stressful day at work already; they could have recently been disciplined at work for something; perhaps even feeling under-the-weather just generally. And what could be more stressful for a nurse than to have the responsibility for a member of the Royal Family? If the recipient is in an already fragile state of mind it won't take a lot to push them further.

I've listened to people on the radio this morning using the phrase 'anyone can take a joke' - when that is so plainly not the case.

The hospital may have a case to answer for the lack of security - but that, in my view, is no mitigation for the call being made in the first place.

Having a joke with your mates is one thing, perhaps just bordering on acceptable when the victim is known for their humour, but this should be outlawed when an unknown member of the public is involved.