Firefox 4.0.1

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Rick Horn

Firefox 4.0.1

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Has anyone tried Firefox 4.0.1 yet? It claims to be much faster than previous version, but I disagree.

I downloaded it yesterday, and wished I hadn`t bothered. It is much slower than previous versions, and in my opinion, is far inferior.

I`m back to v 3.6.17, and am happy again.  :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Tried it a couple of days after it came out. I found it too slow as well and uninstalled it. Found out later that there's an option hidden deep down which causes the slowness. Didn't bother re-installing to find out though!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Rick Horn

UBT - Mikee wrote:Tried it a couple of days after it came out. I found it too slow as well and uninstalled it. Found out later that there's an option hidden deep down which causes the slowness. Didn't bother re-installing to find out though!
Whatever the "option" is, they can keep it. I`m normally a FF fan, but I plan to stick to the tried and tested version like you Mikee.
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Running the new version without any probs. Must be lucky I guess.... :D
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

I had been a big fan of FF for a number of years.
But  over the past months i had noticed a big slowing down of FF
SO i changed to MAXTHON 3
And o boy does it show FF up..
Very fast and i am atm a very happy bunny...
Anyone else using or tried Maxthon3 ?

b. :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:Running the new version without any probs. Must be lucky I guess.... :D
Could be that you've got the update to 4.0.1

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/i ... 34784.html

Still sticking to 3.6.17 though!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I'm running FF v4 on both the desktop and the laptop with no problems. But I'm definitely going to try Maxthon 3   :D
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Andreu609 post, one up from this one is Spam - exterminate :)

He did have one effect tho .... I've been meaning to checkout Firefox V5, its not bad at all :D

Regards
Zy
UBT - Rick Horn

Thanks Zy. Post deleted.
UBT - Rick Horn

melter65 wrote:I'm running FF v4 on both the desktop and the laptop with no problems. But I'm definitely going to try Maxthon 3   :D
Tried Maxthon 3. I didn`t find it any faster than FF, and I didn`t like Maxthon 3. Now uninstalled.
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
melter65 wrote:I'm running FF v4 on both the desktop and the laptop with no problems. But I'm definitely going to try Maxthon 3   :D
Tried Maxthon 3. I didn`t find it any faster than FF, and I didn`t like Maxthon 3. Now uninstalled.
Now running Chrome. Find its faster than anything else I've tried and ultra reliable.
UBT - Rick Horn

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:
UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
Now running Chrome. Find its faster than anything else I've tried and ultra reliable.
Call me Mr. Picky if you like, but I don`t much care for Chrome either.
I agree with Mikee, it`s FF v 3.6.17 for me too.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Nobody's mentioned Opera, so I'll throw this in. I've got Firefox, IE and Opera on 3 different machines. I find Opera to be the most reliable, although it has a problem running a couple of scripts on 1 website I have to use for business purposes (but at least it 'owns up' instead of hanging or, as Firefox does, crashing). Firefox I find to be the fastest, but crashes if it's overworked, whilst IE remains steady, rarely crashes, allows me to get everything done - but is often too slow!
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Have you tried FF V5 ?

Its not bad, I still have to confess I'm an .........  eeek .......  IE user  :shock:   *looks furtively for an escape route* ....

....  but I kept FF V5 on the machine as a second use browser.

Regards
Zy