Logging into BOINC

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
barberj

Logging into BOINC

Post by barberj »

I have an account set up for malariacontrol.net with a user id and password which work fine.
When I visit BOINCstats website, this username/password don't work.
Is a separate login needed for this site?
If so, is it worth registering for?
I can already see all my stats.

Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Welcome to our forum barberj (even if you are a member of another team).  :wave:

There is no real need to log into BOINCstats if all you want to do is check up on your statistics, but if you do want to login then yes it's separate from your account on Malaria Control. This is also true for all BOINC projects, you'll need to set-up a separate account for each one you join (even though each project will use the same cross-project ID so that all your stats can then be linked up). :)

James.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Welcome to the UBT forum barberj :wave:

I've been doing this boinc thing for quite a while now and never had the need to register at boincstats. Any questions I've had in the past have been answered either on the projects own message boards or here on the UBT forum.  There's a lot of knowledgeable people around more than willing to help.

But if you want to join boincstats, then like James says, it's a separate login/password to your malaria.net login/password
barberj

Post by barberj »

Joshrandom wrote:Welcome to our forum barberj (even if you are a member of another team).  :wave:

There is no real need to log into BOINCstats if all you want to do is check up on your statistics, but if you do want to login then yes it's separate from your account on Malaria Control. This is also true for all BOINC projects, you'll need to set-up a separate account for each one you join (even though each project will use the same cross-project ID so that all your stats can then be linked up). :)

James.
Thanks for the tips guys.
I left that team (couldn't register on their forum) and thought I had joined this one. Will check.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Just make sure you use the same email address for registration at any Stats related or Stats generating Site (99.9% of time that means Project Sites & BOINCStats - or the latter's equivalent) else the stats collection goes wrong and you end up with separate stats related accounts and a bit of a nightmare to resolve.  

The Crossproject ID does rely on the email address, change the latter, and a new Crossproject ID gets generated resulting in split credit awards across different accounts.

Regards
Zy
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

barberj wrote:Thanks for the tips guys.
I left that team (couldn't register on their forum) and thought I had joined this one. Will check.
Welcome to the team barberj, we're glad to have you.  :D