Einstein@Home - Server Status

Get physical with some of these projects? Asteroids, Cosmology, Einstein, LHC, MilkyWay, Test4Theory,
UBT - JohnR

Einstein@Home - Server Status

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Have you noticed the server status.

S4 Search progress - 4.2 days work remaining, for the present optimised clients.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

well it looks like it will be time for people to find another project unless there is some work already there and ready to be queued up
UBT - Halifax-lad

Einstein@Home has begun processing of a small number of test workunits using data from the LIGO S5 science run. This is the first LIGO data collected at the instrument's design sensitivity. We'll post more information in the 'Cruncher's corner' message board area as we begin to create more of these workunits
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Perhaps it's just as well that the enhanced clients will no longer work given the inflated claims some put in.

One recent WU shoed the following claims.
Seconds     Claimed    Awarded
4,713.50     8.16         8.16
2,551.00     7.99         8.16
2,434.89    54.37        8.16
How someone has the nerve to claim 54 for only 2400 seconds of work escapes me. :x   :twisted:

--
Rod
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

2 of my machines today downloaded their limit, and then downloaded 1 WU of the new S5 wu's with the new app.
The new wu should take about 2 1/2 hours on an AMD 3000+
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

mine is showing 2hrs 2mins for a new w/u, although my guess would be it will do it in 1.50.
but we will see.
p.s. looks like the easy points are over for the moment.
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

oh dear! oh dear! oh dear!
now how wrong was i on that one.
1st unit 9hrs 20mins @ 82% - 1hr 40 left.
now i know we need an opti client for this.
unless of course its in there already in one form or another?
UBT - Halifax-lad

If you have the new WU's then they are already optimised plus don't forget all credit is now a set level so everyone is going to start claiming the same credits ASAP
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:If you have the new WU's then they are already optimised plus don't forget all credit is now a set level so everyone is going to start claiming the same credits ASAP
This might then mean we get a chance to catch up with "Russia"...as their leading crunchers are most likely using opti-applications...!

regards,

Tim
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

grand total for that w/u 10hr 55 mins.
wow.
and now i have 12 more of them waiting.
looks like i will be seeing a lot of eistein in the next few days.  :lol:
thought i read somewhere that the new ap was optimised already.
still as you say, everyone is on level ground now which should help out a lot.
*edit*
39342 seconds 138.85 credit.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

jaysback wrote:grand total for that w/u 10hr 55 mins.
wow.
and now i have 12 more of them waiting.
looks like i will be seeing a lot of eistein in the next few days.  :lol:
thought i read somewhere that the new ap was optimised already.
still as you say, everyone is on level ground now which should help out a lot.
*edit*
39342 seconds 138.85 credit.

Seems S5 application generates TWO types of WU's - long and short.

(see here: http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=4373

So, the've been a little bit "sneaky" (in a nice way) in that:
To make up for the faster Apps we increased the size of the workunits. The "long" ones will be roughly five times as long as the "long" ones from S4, the "short" ones will be roughly twice as long as their S4 counterparts.
Oh well, just when I thought I could breathe some more life into one of my old ex-SETI "clunkers" by switching it over to Einstein - it'll have to do Malaria and Sztaki now....

regards,

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Oh well, just when I thought I could breathe some more life into one of my old ex-SETI "clunkers" by switching it over to Einstein - it'll have to do Malaria and Sztaki now....
Ah - Sztaki.... Seems the enhanced clients have overloaded the system! There was a graph showing the amount of WU's done over the last few weeks - during the last 2 weeks it shot up something like 20 times the previous weeks!

http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/status.php shows how much is available to send (usually 1 at the mo'!)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Ah - Sztaki.... Seems the enhanced clients have overloaded the system! There was a graph showing the amount of WU's done over the last few weeks - during the last 2 weeks it shot up something like 20 times the previous weeks!

http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/status.php shows how much is available to send (usually 1 at the mo'!)

Yup, I've already noticed a few periods recently of "no work available" from Sztaki.....

But, hey ho, that's why BOINC is so good (usually), when "no new work" from one project, it switches to another...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I've set my machines to no work from Einstein now (sorry team) as I wish now to return to CPDN but LHC have work again if anyone is interested so I have grabbed a couple of days work . :)
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Quote from an Einstein thread
"In another thread I stated, “Hopefully Einstein doesn’t make the same mistake as Seti when they switch to S5”

Well, I must have been psychic!!!! In actual fact, Einstein has out done Seti with an additional 32% drop in granted credit.

SETI Enhanced
Pentium 4, 650 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2 MB L2, 800 MHz FSB with Hyper Threading ON

5.3.12.tx36 BOINC client and Crunch3r’s Seti SSE3 V5.12 (average of 31 work units)
CPU time = 13,751.11 sec., Claimed credit = 14.38 CS/hr., Granted credit = 14.13 CS/hr.

Einstein New and Improved S5
Pentium 4, 650 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2 MB L2, 800 MHz FSB with Hyper Threading ON

5.4.9 BOINC client and 4.02 app. (average of 2 short work units, 1.75 hrs each.)
CPU time = 6,326.31 sec., Claimed credit = 9.60 CS/hr., Granted credit = 9.60 CS/hr.

5.4.9 BOINC client and 4.02 app. (average of 2 long work units, 16.25 hrs each.)
CPU time = 58,479.20 sec., Claimed credit = 9.53 CS/hr., Granted credit = 9.50 CS/hr.

Is this some sinister diabolic plot on the part of those running DC projects to get us credit junkies to run out and buy bigger and faster computers? And/or buy the latest and slickest compiler and spent dozens of hours for nothing compiling faster science apps?

At the moment, both Seti and Einstein are on “No more work”. I’m just trying to decide if I should highlight the BOINC directory and hit DELETE.

Franz"

My first S5 WU took 10hrs 18min (37085sec) to complete and gave a credit of 119.79. That is only 280 credits a day when my RAC was over 660 on the old WU and has been over 330 on CPDN.  It looks to me that Einstein is not the best place to earn credits, and our chase after Hungary  is due to suffer as a result.  :cry: