BM Task Preferences

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Timby

BM Task Preferences

Post by Timby »

Hi all, not sure if any one else is getting a problem with the BM?
Here is what's going on with several of my PC's.
OK, Prim Grid is set not to receive new work, logged in last night and found that the machines were crunching PG WU? Did an update to clear the completed work and Bingo, it starts to download MORE work? It clearly shows that PG was set to No New Work.
These PC's are running either 6.10.35 or 6.10.37 and various OS from 32bit XP to 64bit Win7.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

I've had the same problem in the past.

I read through loads of messages on PGs boards and found it's not an uncommon issue. I don't remember the details but I seem to remember it was something to do with work units that you've previously downloaded, then aborted after moving on to something else (say at the end of a crunch and you don't want to carry on with the extra wus). PG remembers who they originally went to and sometimes gives them back to you - whether you want them or not!! :roll:

When it happened top me I found the only way out was to leave the project suspended - then abort them at their deadline. Then they didn't come back again.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Aren`t these the experimental ones Mark?
I think the recommended ones are all 6.10.18. Anything higher, you use at your own risk.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Hi Rick, yes they are the "use at your own risk" BM versions, I just wondered if this had been encountered by anyone else, its not an issue I have a problem with, it was just strange why its only PG? But as Keith has had a similar problem then I know its not my hardware!
Thanks for the reply's gents it has satisfied my curiosity.