stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Temujin wrote:Yup, thats all down to me adding ABC to the test pages.
ABC will be resetting it credits at some point
So when we will go really live the credits will be sanitized and maintained. If the testing period lasts too long and the lead appears to grow too much, all credits could for example be divided by some factor, still preserving the order.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Not noticed this on the Stats pages before but now there's a 'So Far Today' credits at the bottom of the 'Best 5 days'.

Very handy for me as I like to see if I can get a 'best 5' in a particular day. If I can't then I might pause some uploads and save them for the next day.

A bit geeky, I know, but it keeps me happy!  :geek:
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Not noticed this on the Stats pages before but now there's a 'So Far Today' credits at the bottom of the 'Best 5 days'.
Nothing gets past you, does it Mike  :D
it came about cos I'm a bit geeky too  :geek:

If todays score makes it into the top 5, we lose the So Far Today and its shown in red figures.
did it during lunch today.

Been thinking about doing a Best 5 days ever too but that'll need some db changes. Might do it over xmas hols
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:Nothing gets past you, does it Mike  :D
:D It does - but I use that page several times a day so things sort of jump out if they change!

Nice work BTW.

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

ABC@Home has decided to rename their project to ABC Beta and create a new project ABC.
So, on my stats pages, what was ABC is now ABC Beta and there's now an empty ABC project.
Its only on the test page at the moment, it'll go live in due course

PS
and there's TMRL on the test page too
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hmmn, best laid plans and all that
Over the last 3-4 months I've been buying new computer bits with the intention of replacing both the PCs at home.
They're currently an AMD xp2800+ (wifeys, winxp) and a P4 2.5 (mine, linux, stats server).

Naturally I was doing mine 1st  :D
Built meself a nice core 2 duo E6600 with 2 gig nice fast ram, 3 HDs with 2 of em striped for the database. Was just waiting for a case and quiet graphics card to replace the noname case and really noisy graphics card thats in it now and it would've replaced the current stats server in a month or so.
Its been running at work in variuos stages of build for 5 or 6 weeks with fedora core 6 on it, nice and fast, lots of RAC :thumbup:
Was then gonna build the wife a new PC and might even have stretched to a core 2 quad if they'd come down in price a tad and obviously I was gonna nick that and give her the core 2 duo  :D  :D

Her PC had decided to blow up its hard-drive at the weekend  :(
She wanted to get a new one so I had to tell her about me plans.
And she's nicked me core 2  :(  :(
and its now got winxp on it  :evil:  :(  :(  :(

upside is that there's a really fast SSSE3 optimised seti client available for windows, should improve that already impressive 1500 RAC upto maybe 2000  :thumbup::thumbup:

downside is the stats server will have to wait a few more months to get upgraded :(

oh well
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

You didn't have to tell her your plans did you? Should have kept quiet and just replaced the hard drive.

Isn't hindsight is a wonderful thing! :D

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:You didn't have to tell her your plans did you? Should have kept quiet and just replaced the hard drive.
well it gets me out of the "look what I've spent a load of dosh on" problem  :?
and she now can't complain about me upgrading me linux box  :D
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Just noticed a wee oddity, the PrimeGrid stats do not appear to be updating.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Semmy wrote:Just noticed a wee oddity, the PrimeGrid stats do not appear to be updating.
???
why do you say that?
Just checked and the last update was at 23:01:27 03-Jan-07 with a populated primegrid.xml file.
We had 3 users updated at 23:00, Mikeejones (11), Timbo (7) and yourself (2)
and checked thru the update logfiles sine 20:00 tonight and they seem ok
so I'm a tad puzzled
???
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Sorry, it's me being slightly dense, I meant to say they don't appear to be updating on the sig. I have 4792 credited on the PrimeGrid webby but only 47 on the sig.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Semmy wrote:Sorry, it's me being slightly dense, I meant to say they don't appear to be updating on the sig. I have 4792 credited on the PrimeGrid webby but only 47 on the sig.
Ahh, nothing to do with me I'm afraid, thats for Dazza I think
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Semmy wrote:Sorry, it's me being slightly dense, I meant to say they don't appear to be updating on the sig. I have 4792 credited on the PrimeGrid webby but only 47 on the sig.
Theres a problem at the moment accessing them the server can't reach the stats there for some unknown reason. Its gettting sorted by Darren ASAP
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Cunning Plan and WEP-M+2 projects added to the list
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Floating menu has gone pear-shaped!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Floating menu has gone pear-shaped!
what browser are you using?
looks fine this end with firefox2

edit
aha, cunning plan has line wrapped in firefox on winxp

sorted
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Yep - that sorted it.

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

HINT
if you want to see the zero credit entries in a project, add &zz=1 to the url
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I thought I'd best do something about the performance of the member history page (cos it sucks bigtime)

Basically, there's 3 tables, each doing a relatively simple sql statement and I was a tad puzzled as to why that page took a bag full of time to load.

The left hand table (member joinging dates) currently has some 574 rows and if I run the query in mysql browser, it takes 0.1644 seconds to execute. Not too shabby and shows there's nothing wrong with the sql or database table design.

That table has THEAD,TFOOT and TBODY sections and simply removing the TFOOT section reduces the load time down to about 15 seconds. Still not brilliant but a damned sight better than it was.

So, can anybody confirm that adding a TFOOT section to a table DOES actually increase the load time to the degree I'm seeing?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I think it seems to take different amount of time to fully load - possibly depends on the time of day - not really checked! Took 15 seconds just now.
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

OK, here is one that is definitely stats related. I appear to have split into 2 identically named entries in the stats, any suggestions?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Semmy wrote:OK, here is one that is definitely stats related. I appear to have split into 2 identically named entries in the stats, any suggestions?
Tanpaku and Proteins have decided to give your accounts new CPIDs.
Assuming you haven't changed email address on either of those 2 projects it "should" sort itself out in a day or so.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
Semmy wrote:OK, here is one that is definitely stats related. I appear to have split into 2 identically named entries in the stats, any suggestions?
Tanpaku and Proteins have decided to give your accounts new CPIDs.
Assuming you haven't changed email address on either of those 2 projects it "should" sort itself out in a day or so.
there ya go, they've both come back in line now
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

How do you calcualte the O/T? I have two overtake pages on a spreadsheet but am using quite a few complicated IF statements to get the result. It works perfectly, one using RAC as reported by projects, and one using the same O/T formula as BOINCstats, but there must be a more efficient approach than multiple IFs!!  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:How do you calcualte the O/T? I have two overtake pages on a spreadsheet but am using quite a few complicated IF statements to get the result. It works perfectly, one using RAC as reported by projects, and one using the same O/T formula as BOINCstats, but there must be a more efficient approach than multiple IFs!!  :oops:
:? Err...
1st thing is that I can use either RAC, 24hr, 1week or 4week figures to base it on.
If we have 2 users A + B, A has 1000 credits and RATE of 10, B has 500 credits and RATE of 15, I do

(A credits - B credits) / (B RATE - A RATE) ie difference in credit / difference in rate
so we get
(1000 - 500) / (15 - 10) = 500 / 5 = overtake in 100 days

dunno know how other pages work it out but thats what I do,

what sort of stuff are you doing in your spreadsheet?
and does your spreadsheet agree with my page (when based on RAC) ?
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:what sort of stuff are you doing in your spreadsheet?
and does your spreadsheet agree with my page (when based on RAC) ?
I just use to to compare overtake values compared to chosen teams or users.

I get exactly the same answer as your method :o my method was WAY to complicated!
Using your method (and project RAC) and the comparing UBT and 2CPU.com I get 189. Using my method I get 189.

BUT, your method needs:

Code: Select all

=(B5-B7)/(F7-F5)
Mine needs these in the total credit cells:

=IF($F$7>$F$5,$B$5+$F$5,$B$5)
=IF($F$7>$F$5,$B$7+$F$7,$B$7)
:oops: and these in the cells down the columns

=IF($F$7>$F$5,(IF($M5<$L5,L5+$F$5,"")),"")
=IF($F$7>$F$5,(IF($M5<$L5,M5+$F$7,"")),"")
Then:

=IF($M6<$L6,L6+$F$5,"")
=(IF($M6<$L6,M6+$F$7,""))
Then I use COUNT to add up how many rows until the lower overtakes the higher :oops: Talk about over-complicating something! Took me a fair while to think it all out too! Sometimes it took so long to calculate that I set it up to only calculate if I put 'Y' in the right cell :oops:

Take a look :lol: : http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u271 ... -Ro/OT.jpg
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

:homework: I'll use your method, I couldn't see the forest for the trees!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

blimey  :shock:
I've never had the need to do a spreadsheet for anything more complicated than my expenses.
If it needs anything special I get someone to do it for me  :D

looking at the O/T problem simply, there are 4 combinations which result in either you overtaking someone, someone overtaking you or (x2) no overtake.
The 2 overtakes use a slightly different calc (or 1 calc if you deal with negative figures) but both come down to difference in credit / difference in rate.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I've edited it to your method  :oops: so straightforward. My way was almost equivalent of me taking my whole computer apart, moving it bit by bit to a metre away and putting it back together rather than lifting it up as a whole to move it. Both work, one's just a damn sight easier! That's how unecessary my way was.  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:My way was almost equivalent of me taking my whole computer apart, moving it bit by bit to a metre away and putting it back together rather than lifting it up as a whole to move it.
Ahh, thats one of the joys (and aims) of programming.
Theres been loads of times where I've had great big complicated routines that get replaced by half a dozen lines of code after some flash of inspiration.
Funnily enough, these flashes more than likely happen when you're not thinking about the problem (for me anyway).

When I 1st started programming, I had to produce a local printing routine ie print a file on a unix box to a printer plugged into a users windows pc. Spent ages chasing ttys (that change when you run the routine) to send the escape codes and file to untill I realised you could just send it all to stdout. 1 line of code in the end  :?
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:Ahh, thats one of the joys (and aims) of programming.
Theres been loads of times where I've had great big complicated routines that get replaced by half a dozen lines of code after some flash of inspiration.
Funnily enough, these flashes more than likely happen when you're not thinking about the problem (for me anyway).
It's the challenge of logic I enjoy  :D not too keen on programming as a whole but love logic. We had to make a fruit machine in a single main method for my first java assignment last year. It wasn't really that 'programmy' at all, just a huge while loop with multiple IFs, which is the route I took with my overtake method, though with the fruit machine I was doing the right thing, only a few lines of redundant code 8)
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Best five days in last 28 now has "on course for", please tell me it was not there before :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Best five days in last 28 now has "on course for", please tell me it was not there before :lol:
Yep, added that today (saturday).
Its just todays hourly average x 24
I found meself working it out quite often with a calculator when it looked like "today" might make the top 5 so thought I'd add it in.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I noticed it yesterday as well. Not too sure on it's predicting capabilities though!

So Far Today 2
On Course For 5 !

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

A few tweaks to report

there's a new combined1 page
it has 2 new url flags, nd and sp
nd = Number to Display (default 0=show all users). That page is taking longer to load, so if you rank towards the top, you can cut down the number of rows it displays and improve the load time. Have a play changing the value.
sp = Sort Projects (default 0=current project order, 1=alphabetic project order). IE the order in which the projects are displayed across the table. The current order is simply the order projects were supported.

The graph popup now displays project information for that user with links to the projects homepage. The combined graph popup shows all projects for the user.
[edit] and the single project bar graphs now hove mouseover events that display the credits and RAC for that bar

The single project page has links to that projects Homepage and to their Applications page (both below the UBT banner)

The single project page also has a new url flag, nf
nf = Number Format (default 0=off 1=on). With it on, numbers will have thousand seperators ie 12,345 , with it off, its plain old 12345.
It buggers up the column sorting if its on though. I'm not good enough at javascript to get that working :(

All on the test pages for now.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Nice touch with the graph popup, noticed it yesterday  8)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Excellent changes there. I like the single project 'hover over bar to get credit number thing'. Really fast update as well.

Image Image

RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Nice one John, :blob6:

Do like the nd flag. Makes the combined page a lot quicker to load and navigate.

The info on the popup is good too. It even shows a project for which I've never received any WUs, let alone processed any. (The project does not have any Win applications)

Keep up the good work.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Do like the nd flag. Makes the combined page a lot quicker to load and navigate.
Yep, speeds it up a lot.
While I prefer to see all the records in 1 go, I think I'll do a bit more work with the nd flag to provide Next/Prev Page links.
It actually works now, try nd=50,100 , you'll get 100 records showing 50-150 (although the rank figure still starts at 1)

RodEllery wrote:The info on the popup is good too. It even shows a project for which I've never received any WUs, let alone processed any. (The project does not have any Win applications)
Aha, Orbit.
It was Orbit coming along and 13 UBT members signing up without processing any WUs that gave me the idea of adding the Available Applications link to the single project page.

PS
you can see all the Orbit users by adding &zz=1 to the url (works for any project)
Last edited by Temujin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Nice 1 John

Terry
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

With the speed thing I notice whilst using the combined page with nd=100, that the CPU usage, when the page is idling, is only about 1/3 of that on the live page.

Given this slow machine here it goes down from 76% to 26% CPU usage. I set nd=600 and usage went up to about 66%.

The joys of java for you?

edit:  As an aside, any idea why I when I view the Seti page, row 334 comes up highlit in pink?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:edit:  As an aside, any idea why I when I view the Seti page, row 334 comes up highlit in pink?
Because Keith J Guntripp left UBT 4 days ago.
It used to say (left UBT 4 days ago) next to the username but it made the table resize sometimes so I took it out.
Any leavers hang around for 10 days (highlighted in red/pink) and then get deleted.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

does anybody know java/javascript??

I'm trying to get the client side column sorting to work with number_format numbers ie 123,456 but aint getting very far.

There is a function that decides which sort routine to use that is something like

determineSortFunction : function(itm) {
  var sortfn = this.sortCaseInsensitive;
  // a load of if statements like
  if (itm.match(/^[£$]/)) {
    sortfn = this.sortCurrency;
  }
}
and I thought this would work

determineSortFunction : function(itmo) {
  var itm = itmo.replace(/\,/g, "");
  var sortfn = this.sortCaseInsensitive;
  // a load of if statements like
  if (itm.match(/^[£$]/)) {
    sortfn = this.sortCurrency;
  }
}
ie rename and remove any commas from the passed variable and put the result in the original variable.
It looked good to me but doesn't work. It still sorts alpha and numeric ok but doesn't remove the comma from 123,456

Anyone got any ideas?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:I'm trying to get the client side column sorting to work with number_format numbers ie 123,456 but aint getting very far.
I think I've sussed it Image
not sure its what the author meant but my workaround makes it work.
Its in the new project info table at the bottom of the graph popup, I'll get it round the rest soon.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Hi John,

I think you my be missing a colmn in your database.  The popup showing combined activity, doesn't display the project list at the bottom any more but gives an SQL error

Unknown column 'id_combined' in 'where clause'
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Oops  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:there's a new combined1 page
it has 2 new url flags, nd and sp
and another one, rp - restrict projects
rp=0 show all projects (default)
rp=1 restrict projects to those of the active user.

Won't be of much benefit to people that are members of lots of projects but should be useful to those with less projects.

only on the test page for now.

gotta pull me finger out and get some of these test mods done properly  :oops:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Hi John,

I check my combined graph all the time but I never got round to asking, why are some projects justified to the right and in red? here
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

err.....
I'm guessing that you're using IE and that you have visited the sites that are shown in red.
If so, I must've missed some CSS
Just checked on wifeys pc with IE and yep, I get just the same (all looks ok in firefox)
I'll have a look.

edit
there ya go, that should sort it
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

IE? Firefox through and through here....

But whatever you did fixed it  :D
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

There I was trying to work out if it was something to do with most credit at last update or for the last 24 hours or something, I knew it was not RAC or totals...gave up in the end and assumed I was too stupid to figure out what the significance was. :(
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:IE? Firefox through and through here....
I remembered seeing that sort of thing with IE before, so assumed you were using it, no matter.

Apart from mouse-overs, my pages shouldn't change appearance (at least their not meant to) so if you notice something like that again, let me know
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:...gave up in the end and assumed I was too stupid to figure out what the significance was. :(
ahh well, there was that bit of UBT-mark3346 code a while back :D:D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
Temujin wrote:I'm trying to get the client side column sorting to work with number_format numbers ie 123,456 but aint getting very far.
I think I've sussed it
looks like I was wrong  :(
my workaround only seems to work in firefox :(:(
oh well, I'll keep plugging away

edit
should work now :thumbup:
tested in Firefox, IE6, IE7, Opera & Konqueror
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Hi again, John

As I said the other day I always look here to check my credits as, of course, it's the best and most up to date combined page anywhere! But is it possible to have the total combined credit on this page as well as individual totals? Because it's much faster and more convenient using a bookmark to take me directly to the graph page rather than load the whole combined page then scroll to my name to click the graph.

If possible would be great :D
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Actually  :oops:  I just realised how accurate an estimate you get if you just look at the right of the last 24 hours graph
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

yep, thats possible and I've thought of doing it but so far haven't got round to it.
It'd be at the bottom of the projects table in a TFOOT and would show project count, total credit and total RAC

How's that sound?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Actually  :oops:  I just realised how accurate an estimate you get if you just look at the right of the last 24 hours graph
??
I no understandy  :?
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:I no understandy  :?
I mean where the blue total credit line intersects the secondary y axis of the top graph, I can see by that that I'm around 62,875 (A couple of days work in your book :D)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:
Temujin wrote:I no understandy  :?
I mean where the blue total credit line intersects the secondary y axis of the top graph, I can see by that that I'm around 62,875 (A couple of days work in your book :D)
Oh right, yep, that shows your total but its not easily readable is it.
I've got mouseover titles on the single project graphs and I keep meaning to get them on the combined graphs too. They could also show total credit.
But its gonna be much easier to do the project table TFOOT totals.
I can get that done tonight probably.

BTW
I like the way you've bookmarked your graphs, saves you loading a bunch of stuff you're not gonna look at and saves my little old P4 server a bunch of processing.
Thats why I've been looking at paginating/restricting the combined1 page, it loads quicker for a user and is easier on my server.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:But its gonna be much easier to do the project table TFOOT totals.
I can get that done tonight probably.
Sounds good. Doesn't need anything more complicated than that in my opinion 8)
BTW
I like the way you've bookmarked your graphs, saves you loading a bunch of stuff you're not gonna look at and saves my little old P4 server a bunch of processing.
The P4 server owes me a hobnob :angel4:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:The P4 server owes me a hobnob :angel4:
No chance of that with me in the house mate :roll:
and the P4 server deserves to be a C2Q :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Seems I did more than think about it before.
Just had a quick look and found 8 commented out lines that were my 1st attempt at doing it.
Un-commented them, changed a tiny bit on 2 lines and its there :thumbup:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:and the P4 server deserves to be a C2Q :D
In June the Q6600 will go down to $266 :shock: In fact, I'm going to post a thread about it :D

I see the totals, great!  8)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I'll be taking my stats site down just after the 9pm update, should be back for 10pm.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

al back up :thumbup:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Looks like something has happened to my machine  :(
Non of the stats pages are coming up and I can't even ssh into it

I'll pop home at lunchtime and have a look
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Popped in for my 11.00 fix, like the error message "Shut her down Clancy, She's a pumpin mud!!! ", I hope it is something simple and doesn't take all your lunch break  :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

dunno what happened there.
got home and couldn't get anything to work, it wouldn't even reboot
had to hit the big switch

should all be back up now though

looks like its missed 3 hourly updates so graphs will be a bit skewey for a while
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:dunno what happened there.
got home and couldn't get anything to work, it wouldn't even reboot
had to hit the big switch.....
Sounds like a mains glitch...is it on a UPS ????

Or maybe, like me, your PC is groaning under the weight of all the teasks it has to do and really needs an upgrade  :oops:

Glad it was nothing "major" and just needed a "power cycle".

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Sounds like a mains glitch...is it on a UPS ????

Or maybe, like me, your PC is groaning under the weight of all the teasks it has to do and really needs an upgrade  :oops:

Glad it was nothing "major" and just needed a "power cycle".

regards,

Tim
Yes, its on a UPS now, it took a few power cuts but I eventually got round to getting one.
Thats the PC that should've been upgraded to the core2duo untill wifeys PC went pop, so its still a lowly P4 2.5
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Ho hum

Today, its my adsl thats gone down Image
the green "connect" light is on but no connection Image

I've no idea how long its gonna take to fix  :(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Ho hum

Today, its my adsl thats gone down Image
the green "connect" light is on but no connection Image

I've no idea how long its gonna take to fix  :(
Who's your ISP? Do they have an online "status" webpage, so you can see what's going on? (I assume you could access this from work).

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Who's your ISP? Do they have an online "status" webpage, so you can see what's going on?
Demon, no idea if they've got a status page, just had a quick look but can't see anything.
I'll try get out from work and phone the support line.
(I assume you could access this from work).
correct :thumbup:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Try http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/networkstatus/.  No faults seem to be listed though.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Try http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/networkstatus/.  No faults seem to be listed though.
aha, i knew about that page but thought Tim meant a page to check my own line.

me no understandie  :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Work hasn't paid my adsl bill  :evil:
so untill they do, no stats  :(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Work hasn't paid my adsl bill  :evil:
so untill they do, no stats  :(
:shock:

and

:cry:

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

we're all paid up and back online :thumbup:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:aha, i knew about that page but thought Tim meant a page to check my own line.....
Ah, sorry guv'nor...didn't mean to mis-lead.....

Was thinking about an ISP network status page rather than something specific to your own ADSL line.

Of course, if you have a combination ADSL modem/router, rather than a USB cable modem, then many now provide their own internal status page on their "home" IP address (usually 192.168.x.x) - so you can see the quality of the line.

But that wouldn't have helped you in this case, if the connection has been terminated by the ISP due to non-payment...!

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Does Darren have an identity crises going on? I noticed on Johns stats the other day he was under the International flag now today he is under the Afghanistan flag.

Keep a close eye on him as he may be a spy  :shock:  Image

Counter Ignorance.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hehe
thats a "feature" of my stats
On the combined2 page, you get assigned the nationality of the last project to be processed and as Gerasim has just been supported, he's now Afghani :D
Darren

Post by Darren »

I'm British again!
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Darren wrote:I'm British again!
Maybe I should have been under the Afghanistan flag as I'm Osama Bin Leiden UotD  :roll:

Abdula Frogga.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

a couple of updates today

1, The Zivis and Gerasim projects are now suppoorted.

2, the graphs on the test pages have a new mouseover popup which also works on the combined graph giving a nice credit breakdown :thumbup:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:
2, the graphs on the test pages have a new mouseover popup which also works on the combined graph giving a nice credit breakdown :thumbup:
Ooh I like that - something that was on the individual graphs before that I missed on the combined. Just gets better and better!

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Ooh I like that - something that was on the individual graphs before that I missed on the combined. Just gets better and better!
I'd been meaning to get it on the combined graphs ever since it went on the single graphs.
Looked at it last night and struggled with getting title to display a newline.
Today I found that nice little javascript that does the job rather nicely.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

John,

There appears to be a funny on the Test Combined 1 page where number of subscribed projects is set to 42 for all users.

I checked up, and Towel Day is not until 25th May!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:There appears to be a funny on the Test Combined 1 page where number of subscribed projects is set to 42 for all users.
Hmmn
Because BelgianBeer awards tiny amounts of credit, I've amended things so that BelgianBeer displays 2 decimal places.
Can't think why that should make it think everybody has 42 projects :?
I'll have a look at things when I pop home for lunch.

That change also made a mess of the graphs at around midnight but I don't think anybody noticed so don't tell anyone :D
I checked up, and Towel Day is not until 25th May!
See, I must be having a slow day.
I had to google for towel day and even then thought what the hell has a towel got to do with things
then the penny dropped, 42
:geek:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

sorted :thumbup:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:
That change also made a mess of the graphs at around midnight but I don't think anybody noticed so don't tell anyone :D

Well this Frog noticed all his QMC was missing from the graph but is happy to see them back again :D

EVERYONE, JOHN'S STATS WENT BELLY UP LAST NIGHT  But don't tell anyone  :shock:

Wide Mouthed Frog.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

John,

Seem to have a funny re DepSpid stats reported for me. It looks like a large negative stat reported regularly then a positive applied several times. Any idea whats going on?

1 1 0 10 RodEllery  203  0  24 0  0  232  915  915  
(From team Depspid page)

As you can see, 24hr/Weekly/monthly totals now exceed the actual total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hmmn, not sure whats happened there mate.
I can only work with what the projects give me and it looks like Depspid reported lower credits for a bunch of you at 8pm last night and then correct credits from 9pm onwards.

I'll have a look at the database tonight and see if I can clean it up for you.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

That's probably it. What may be happening as part of the adjustment is they are reporting a 'negative credit' to reverse out one entry and then sending a correct credit. Maybe the negative bit is being treated as unsigned somewhere along the way resulting in the odd graphs.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

It sounds like the fan on my stats server PSU may be on its way out :shock:
If the stats pages become unavailable, you'll know I'm on my way to PCWorld to get a new one :(
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:It sounds like the fan on my stats server PSU may be on its way out :shock:
If the stats pages become unavailable, you'll know I'm on my way to PCWorld to get a new one :(

If you use the PSU's PCWorld stock then no wonder  :?

Gary.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Rockinfroggi wrote:If you use the PSU's PCWorld stock then no wonder  :?
Nope, the current one is a genuine HP original part
A couple of sharp thumps and its quietened down again so it might be ok for a while  :roll:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:If you use the PSU's PCWorld stock then no wonder  :?
Nope, the current one is a genuine HP original part
A couple of sharp thumps and its quietened down again so it might be ok for a while  :roll:

Lol, if in doubt, hit it with a hammer :shock:

Bam Bam
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I was just looking at John's stats page for Einstein and noticed that one team member is due to overtake me in 54966.0 (yes , point zero!) days. This is just a little over 150 years. Thanks for the heads-up John, I consider myself warned.

:lol:

Chris.
This has gotta be a record :D
according to here Rod Ellery is going to overtake me in 9,033,850,693,631,732.0 years Image