stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
We'll let BS beat us at SAP

but I think you actually meant
Don't let BS beat us at SAP
surely you've got those the wrong way round  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Spinhenge and Proteins@home are now supported (on the test version)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Helps if I read the message was just going to complain that they are ot there until I saw the last few words of the message
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

UBT - Timbo wrote:but I think you actually meant
Don't let BS beat us at SAP
Ooooops my mistake  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Right - that shows up some more obvious data! Like 'what's happened to 'seti -cruncher? He gone on holiday?'.
wherever it was he went, he's back now :thumbup:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Right - that shows up some more obvious data! Like 'what's happened to 'seti -cruncher? He gone on holiday?'.
wherever it was he went, he's back now :thumbup:
Might have been a WU that was pending validation though.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Might have been a WU that was pending validation though.
yep, you're quite right, I didn't think of that
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

does anyone like the look of THIS (select a big project like seti/CPDN/einstein)
it works fine on the single project page and scrolls ok vertically on the combined page but screws up when scrolling right.
shame cos it'd be more usefull on the combined page
I'll plug away and try to get it working properly

(its the code by Henrik Petersen thats playing up if anyone can offer any ideas)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Works good like it
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Looking fine for me. thanks. :D
Martle

Post by Martle »

I really like it.  :lol:

More stats than you can throw a cat at. Kept me entertained for hours especially when I have no need to scroll to the right as I have a wide screen monitor.  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:especially when I have no need to scroll to the right as I have a wide screen monitor.  :wink:
blimey, thats gotta be some serious wiiiiide screen to fit all that on :shock:

I played with this "floating layer" and thought it was a bit gimicky.
Could get the same effect with a frame I think, which could give the added bonus of holding the column headers that might then enable the client side sorting like the single project page.
I'll have a play and see what happens
Martle

Post by Martle »

Temujin wrote:blimey, thats gotta be some serious wiiiiide screen to fit all that on :shock:
No really ... I do not jest. It does fit on with room to spare at the sides.

I've got one of these fancy multi-medea setups with a luverly wide screen tft. Good for watching wide screen DVD's and even wider screen stats pages.  :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:
Temujin wrote:blimey, thats gotta be some serious wiiiiide screen to fit all that on :shock:
No really ... I do not jest. It does fit on with room to spare at the sides.
are you sure you've looked at the combined stats, not just the "small" single project stats.
I'll be really impressed if you can fit that lot into 1 screen width and still read it (and very jealous)
Martle

Post by Martle »

You've done some fiddling since I last visited. Originally all the yellow boxes were the same width as the screen and the chart.

I view it now, the yellow boxes still fit but the chart is much wider and dissapears off the right side of my screen. So I now have to scroll. I also see that yellow boxes are now fixed and don't move.

Restore it to how it was and I'll post you up a screenie.  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:You've done some fiddling since I last visited.
me, fiddle?? :shock:
normally yes but no in this case :D
Originally all the yellow boxes were the same width as the screen and the chart.
I view it now, the yellow boxes still fit but the chart is much wider and dissapears off the right side of my screen. So I now have to scroll.
I also see that yellow boxes are now fixed and don't move.
yep, thats the problem I mentioned earlier
Martle

Post by Martle »

Hi John

I'm really confused now. The page that I originally went to was this:

http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/ubt/ajs.php? ... oject=Seti

and this is the one with the yellow boxes that follow the page down and stats are available for every project (stated in these said yellow boxes). It was this page that I was referring to when I said that I didn't need to scroll.

I realise now that this is indeed an individual project page :oops:

I really like this page coz it gives you access to all the separate project pages. And now (and this is just my own humble personal view), I see that this is a perfect 'home' page for all the stats.  This is the reason why I thought it was the combined stats page

Your post mentioning the yellow boxes has mysteriously dissapeared and I had to go back to my browser history to find the url

So that's the baby I prefer.:wink:

BTW ... Fantastic job you're doing.   :wink:
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Just had a nose, nice touch, I like it, now I don't need to scroll to the top to change project  :wink:   :thumbright:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Really impressive stuff! Very fast considering all the data that's going on there!

But (you can always count on me!)...

I'm at 68 in one version and 69 on the new one! Problem is a guy called bcollie at 31 in the new version. He's not in the older version. Also is it right that there's a user called 'Matt' at both 26 and 28. Possibly is a different 'Matt' but I thought I'd mention it.

It's not a critisism 'cos I said it's all impressive stuff - but I gotta keep my reputation as well you know!

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:I'm at 68 in one version and 69 on the new one! Problem is a guy called bcollie at 31 in the new version. He's not in the older version.
Nice spot, I hadn't noticed.
The new version is correct, bcollie should be there.
I'm not sure why hes not showing in the old version as both versions use the same xml file to update their stats
[edit]
just had a look and bcollie is in both versions at pos 31 & 32
And typically, you're now 69th in both.
I'm sure any difference between the 2 is down to the difference in supported projects, the new version has 2 new projects

Also is it right that there's a user called 'Matt' at both 26 and 28. Possibly is a different 'Matt' but I thought I'd mention it.
Yep, 2 different Matts, both long term members of UBT. Matt at 26 hasn't produced any credit for a long time now
Last edited by Temujin on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:I'm really confused now. The page that I originally went to was this:.......
and this is the one with the yellow boxes that follow the page down and stats are available for every project (stated in these said yellow boxes). It was this page that I was referring to when I said that I didn't need to scroll.
Aha, I thought you may have been slightly confused :D
[edit]
click the combined link in the blue box at top left
Last edited by Temujin on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Just had a nose, nice touch, I like it, now I don't need to scroll to the top to change project  :wink:   :thumbright:
yep, thats the idea.
Now just need to get it working properly on the combined page
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

haha, spot the obvious mistake with the test version that happens on tuesdays from 18:00 :shock:
it had me a tad worried for a minute there   :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Now just need to get it working properly on the combined page
Sorted :thumbup:
I've had to reduce the size of the menu to make it work (and learnt a bit more about css in the process)
See what you think here
it may be promoted from developement to test  :D
Martle

Post by Martle »

Looking great ... Suits me sir. :lol:

Just one little queryette on the combined projects page.

I couldn't find myself and after a lot of searching, there I was at position 377 with just 5,249 credits for Seti that I crunched a couple of years ago. My credits for WCG and BBC are just not there.  :cry:

I'm there though on both individual project pages. :wink:

It's not really a problem but I thought you should be made aware of this discrepency.

It's still the bees knees in stats though.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:I couldn't find myself and after a lot of searching, there I was at position 377 with just 5,249 credits for Seti that I crunched a couple of years ago. My credits for WCG and BBC are just not there.  :cry:
you're there mate, at pos 59 with 118,110 credits
you can combine all 3 accounts if you give them the same email address on each project
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Sorted :thumbup:
I've had to reduce the size of the menu to make it work (and learnt a bit more about css in the process)
See what you think here
it may be promoted from developement to test  :D

And clicking on Username sorts them in ascending order.  8)

WELL DONE that man....

regards

Tim
Martle

Post by Martle »

Yea .... Found both my entries.  :lol:

Just going to do some Seti now to make it nice and tidy and merge everything.  :wink:

Ta mate
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:And clicking on Username sorts them in ascending order.  8)
I thought you'd like that  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:Just going to do some Seti now to make it nice and tidy and merge everything.  :wink:
It looks like you've updated WCG to the same email as your seti & einstein accounts, you've just got BBC on its own now
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just to keep my reputation going....

When I click on the arrow next to the 'RAC' column the font size on around 1/3rd of the results in the 'rank history' column go from around size 7 to about size 14.

:withstupid:

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:When I click on the arrow next to the 'RAC' column the font size on around 1/3rd of the results in the 'rank history' column go from around size 7 to about size 14.
yeah I know, strange one that.
Clicking the arrow or RAC (or any of the sort columns) invokes some client side javascript that does the sorting. It all happens on your PC and isn't meant to change anything but it obviously does.
I know even less about javascript than I do php so I've got no idea where to start looking.
It does at least only happen with the ranking history figures but for the moment I'm stumped.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Difficult to tell what is happening, because I can not get it to go wrong and you have hidden the source code!
When the source code is revealed ;) you have some style lines similar to this

Code: Select all

#tc1 {color: #444; font-size: 10px}
Not entirely sure what the first # does to things.
Might be an idea to try removing them.

You also have a havascript error in ie6 line 4 char 37.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Dazza wrote:Difficult to tell what is happening, because I can not get it to go wrong and you have hidden the source code!
Hi Darren
source hidden??? news to me, its not deliberately hidden. I'm always able to do a View Source both at home and at work (or do you mean my php file?)
If/when you can get to the source, its the Standardista Table Sorting thats causing the problem
this page and click on the RAC column header to sort by RAC, does it everytime here (firefox and IE6)
When the source code is revealed ;) you have some style lines similar to this

#tc1 {color: #444; font-size: 10px}
Not entirely sure what the first # does to things.
Might be an idea to try removing them.
yep, I've no idea why the # are in there, I no doubt picked it up from somewhere and have just gone with how it was. i'll take em out
You also have a havascript error in ie6 line 4 char 37.
I've looked for that loads of times but never found it. The line 4 char 37 is not my php file or the output html file and like I said, javascript aint my strong point (far from it) and I've not written any javascript myself, I've only used other peoples source (like Standardist)

Thanks for trying mate
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:yep, I've no idea why the # are in there, I no doubt picked it up from somewhere and have just gone with how it was. i'll take em out
hmmn, it loses nearly all css control if I take the #s out,
all text becomes the same size and colour apart from the highlight bar and the rank history figures (and they still change size when sorted on RAC )

[edit]
more for my benefit
from http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/s ... l#inlining

The ID attribute is used to define a unique style for an element. A CSS rule such as
#wdg97 { font-size: larger }
may be applied in HTML through the ID attribute:
<P ID=wdg97>Welcome to the Web Design Group!</P>
and yes, I've used ID tags all over the place[/color]
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:When I click on the arrow next to the 'RAC' column the font size on around 1/3rd of the results in the 'rank history' column go from around size 7 to about size 14.
sorted :thumbup:
Darrens puzzled comments about my CSS made me read up a bit more and I've changed some style and font bits in the code and its now working.
Well, the rank figures no longer change size but the table is still losing its odd/even stripes (I can live with that tho).
Keep em coming Mike  :D
Darren

Post by Darren »

Ithink your css is interfering with the css codes that are pre-programmed into the sort js. It looks like the js is supposed to take care of thatfor itself.

Strip it back in a new test one and see if the odd/even lines work without your css coding.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote: Keep em coming Mike  :D
Always a pleasure - I'll see what I can find! :D

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

couple of little updates on the developement version
1 - The project menu now indicates those projects a selected user is a member of
2 - There are 3 text size options Small, Medium and Large

available here
UBT - PiezPiedPy

menus are all messed up on IE6 - They used to line up nice, now there all over the top higgled de piggledy :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:menus are all messed up on IE6 - They used to line up nice, now there all over the top higgled de piggledy :?
hmmn, ok, seems IE6 and firefox treat something like 10pt differently.
I did change that today (from 10px to 10pt) and got better control of the font-size.
I've changed it back now and it all lines up again
Martle

Post by Martle »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:menus are all messed up on IE6 - They used to line up nice, now there all over the top higgled de piggledy :?
Yet another reason to use Firefox.

:)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Missing my fix of breaking things - other people seem to be taking my place! So...

On the new stats I'm at 67, old stats 68 - Should be 68 as Bill Hounslow is missing from the new site.

There, that makes me feel better!  :)

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:On the new stats I'm at 67, old stats 68 - Should be 68 as Bill Hounslow is missing from the new site.
There, that makes me feel better!
hehe, I'm afraid not mate, what you've found there is a fault with the old stats.
Bill Hounslow left UBT a while ago (and formed his own team UK Boincers) so you should be at 67.
Getting rid of ex-members is something I've neglected so far, it does happen but only after a (generous) period of time.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Martle wrote:Yet another reason to use Firefox.   :)
Quite so :thumbup:
Has anyone got Opera? I'd be interested to know how my pages look with it.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote: Bill Hounslow left UBT a while ago
Ah - I knew I recognised the name - couldn't place where though. Must try harder!

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

its maybe the wrong time to do this (I'm off on holiday for a week from tomorrow) but the "old" stats page is no more.
What was the developement page is now the live page, so we've got resizeable text and active project indication.
The old page is re-directed to the new page, so if you've bookmarked it, it'll need updating.
More and more were using the new pages and less and less the old page, so I thought its time to make the change.
An added benefit is that the new pages now update on the hour, rather than having to wait for the old pages to update first and should now be complete by 5 past the hour (unless any projects are offline  and use the 2x  60 sec timeout).
So, here's hoping I've not screwed it up in time for my holiday  :D
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Looking good, thanks for all your hard work  :lol:  :lol:
(your link is still to the old site :lol: )
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Have a good Holiday John - Going anywhere particularly noce?

Just a small point, I think that the O/T days aint working properly. All those above me in the project stats show the right colours but all have O/T set to 0.00.

Always the same, announce your hols and something breaks!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Have a good Holiday John - Going anywhere particularly noce?
Marakesh, Morocco. 3rd visit for us. Its gonna be a take brain out and sit by the pool type of holiday.
Just a small point, I think that the O/T days aint working properly. All those above me in the project stats show the right colours but all have O/T set to 0.00.
Ahh, so thats what that bit did :D
its fixed now.
I know, tempting fate anit it.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

ENJOY!

Thanks for the fix.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:(your link is still to the old site :lol: )
yeah, I know, haven't got round to changing it yet.
it should redirect tho
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Marakesh, Morocco. 3rd visit for us. Its gonna be a take brain out and sit by the pool type of holiday.

Have a great time out there - last time I went was about 10 years ago - but that was only a "stop-over" on a cruise we were on on the Canberra.

Got to the port, early, and then a 4+ hour journey on a UN-airconditioned bus to Marrakech, through the Atlas mountains.

Some mint tea, a leisurely stroll around the souks, some fun and games at a carpet seller (as suggested by the tour rep...who got zero commission, coz none of us bought anything!), lunch in some casbah, and then the afternoon at leisure. Ended up on a balcony (Cafe Paris??) overlooking the main square, sipping local lemonade, and watching the world go by, as the sun set.

Gadzooks, was a fine day - we crammed a lot in !!

As dusk fell, the camp fires lit up in the square and smell of food being prepared came wafting over..... had some couscous, some more drinks, and then set off on the bus back to the ship.

Don't s'pose you've got any spare room in your cases for me....??? (er, yup, I'm 16 stone and 6 foot 3, so you'd need a big case...)

Have a great time.........

regards

Tim

Can still smell those toureg campfires....
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
I know, tempting fate anit it.
haha
guess what, I just asked wifey to cut my hair for the holiday.
We've got some of those electric trimmer thingys and I normally have a #2, 1/4 inch sorta thing.
I've now got a #0, no flippin guard thingy. I knew before she did, it just didn't feel right.

Disadvantages of #0
I now look like a tennis ball with sticky out ears, sorta like  :evil:
all the scars on me head are clearly visible.
Me bald spot is nicely tanned and the rest of me head is brilliant white

Advantages of #0
my #2 cut usually needs a pee sized blob of shampoo and a brief encounter with a towel, #0 needs a grain of sand sized blob of shampoo and just needs to see a towel and its dry.
My bald spot isn't so noticeable, its just like one big bald spot now and it should be all the same colour in a couple of days.

Ahh well, at least the stats seem to work ok
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:haha
guess what, I just asked wifey to cut my hair for the holiday.
We've got some of those electric trimmer thingys and I normally have a #2, 1/4 inch sorta thing.
I've now got a #0, no flippin guard thingy. I knew before she did, it just didn't feel right.

See what you've done now - put the cat amongst the pigeons now...none of us will sleep now as we will all dream of being scalped the next time the missus cuts OUR hair...!

I'm the same - can't be bothered to go to a hairdressers (too namby pamby for my liking), so it's a quick strip-off (of clothes) in the bathroom and out come the scissors :twisted:

She does a good enough job, but being non-professional, I'm pretty sure that having made the first pass, even more hair gets cut off (on the 2nd pass!) in order to make it all match....which leaves even less at the end....

Make sure you take a nice hat or two.....don't want the old brain cells fried in the heat....!

Now, turn off your PC, go away to Africa, enjoy yourself and have a great time. We'll all be here when you get back...!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Now, turn off your PC
Eeek  :shock:
They're being left on mate, they never get turned off even when we're away.
Gotta leave at 2.30am, not worth going to bed, just killing time till then.
I'll pop in for a visit if the hotel has internet, let ya know how me baldy head is standing up to the heat.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Eeek  :shock:
Well, I hope someone is around to keep an eye - just in case (don't answer this - but make sure your household policy covers your extended absence.....leaving a few "electrical" things "ON" in the house while you're on your hols can be a poser for some policies....!)
Temujin wrote:Gotta leave at 2.30am, not worth going to bed, just killing time till then. I'll pop in for a visit if the hotel has internet, let ya know how me baldy head is standing up to the heat.
A nice drive down to the airport in the early hours....two hours wait for the check-in/security, a few drinkies, a quick snooze on the plane and then before you know it, you'll be there and it'll still be daylight.....!

Are you in a "tourist" type hotel that serves alcohol to non-nationals?

When we were in Egypt, it wasn't a problem, but IIRC, Marrakech was a distinctly no-beer zone...(at least where we went! )

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Temujin wrote:Eeek  :shock:
Well, I hope someone is around to keep an eye - just in case
Yep, someone will be popping in everyday to feed the cat, I'm sure they'll notice if any of the computers burst into flames :D
Are you in a "tourist" type hotel that serves alcohol to non-nationals?
When we were in Egypt, it wasn't a problem, but IIRC, Marrakech was a distinctly no-beer zone...(at least where we went! )
Yep, been to the hotel before, beer on tap as and when needed. You should've been able to get a beer at Cafe Paris (or Cafe Glacier as its now called) on the square
Stayed at a place in Essoura (sp?) that was totally dry, was really weird.
We've done a fair bit in middle east over the years, you can get drinks in most countries. Never had a problem in Egypt (3 times) but all of Jordan was dry (or at least everywhere we went) and Konya in Turkey, its their religious center so was to be expected really, rest or Turkey is fine though.
Syria and Lebanon were both ok

2 hours 15 and counting...
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

New bit to report :D
There's now a 2nd combined stats page  :shock:
It uses the same code as the single project page, so its more like a combined summary page.
The graphs from it are the same as from the original combined page.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Any chance of getting it to be any faster at all
Plenty of chance - we all throw some money at John so he can have a nice T1 connection....!
I'm up for that mate  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Apparently, I'm right at the limit for ADSL and can only get 512/256. My next door neighbour can't even get that :shock:
It seems that over the last couple of days BT have managed to upgrade my adsl line to 2MB.
Not as fast as some of you I know but its a nice improvement over 512 and should make loading the pages a bit faster.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Looks dead from where I am   :(
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Good for me, and FAST :D  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - JohnR wrote:Good for me, and FAST :D  :D
Cool :thumbup:
UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Looks dead from where I am
I think I may've been VPN'd into work at the time you posted that, I always thought it continued to work while I VPN'd, maybe I'm wrong
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

It may be me but the 7 day combined stats graphs look a little off for some people.
The bar charts are fine, but the RAC and the light blue total credits seem to be the wrong week.
UBT - Steve Taylor and sevansoft are examples.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - JohnR wrote:It may be me but the 7 day combined stats graphs look a little off for some people.
The bar charts are fine, but the RAC and the light blue total credits seem to be the wrong week.
UBT - Steve Taylor and sevansoft are examples.
You're quite right, its seems the 7 day graphs were getting the wrong end of a 28 day record.
I'm surprised someone didn't notice it earlier.
Nice spot :thumbup:
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Thought it looked weird, but at least it's workin  :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

The project colours used in the bar graphs have changed as per the standards defined here
UBT - PiezPiedPy

The original colours looked betta, but there ya go  :(

spose its easier to spot a specific project if your allready familiar with the Boinc colours :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:The original colours looked betta, but there ya go  :(
thats what I thought but ts probably only cos I was used to em :?
spose its easier to spot a specific project if your allready familiar with the Boinc colours :wink:
that was the idea   :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Does anybody know what time of day the User Of The Day awards are made?
I'm thinking of adding a UOTD page into my stats, I think I've got a way of reading each projects UOTD but just wondered what time of day would be best to run the script.
Anyone thats had a UOTD email, could you tell me what time they sent it please.

And, does anyone want the UK BOINC Team super user back?
Its something that got dropped when the new version went live but I think it can go back in now.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:And, does anyone want the UK BOINC Team super user back?
Would be nice - it's very useful during a Crunch to see how the team as a whole are doing.
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

RodEllery wrote:
Would be nice - it's very useful during a Crunch to see how the team as a whole are doing.
Probably a stupid question but what is it?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:
RodEllery wrote:
Probably a stupid question but what is it?
Its something that used to be on an old version of the stats.
Its the total credit of all users in a project.
Not really UBTs credit for a project, just the sum of all the UBT members credit.
But, like Rod said, it does come in useful sometimes.
You can see it here
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Thank you. :)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Thank you. :)
Thats ok mate.
It seems the graphs aren't working on it though.
UBT - Halifax-lad

UOTD can happen as & when sometimes there are errors that make it change on every refresh the emails are also generally delayed slightly in coming out
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Its back in now :thumbup:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:UOTD can happen as & when sometimes there are errors that make it change on every refresh the emails are also generally delayed slightly in coming out
thanks
pity that, I'd thought of checking each project home page once a day and picking up the UOTD, seeing if it was a UBT member and adding a record.
But if its random (ish) as to when each project does it, then its not really worth doing  :(
UBT - Halifax-lad

In my book getting a script to check to see who is UOTD is a no-no, I would certainly never look at anything that did do this
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:In my book getting a script to check to see who is UOTD is a no-no,
I don't see anyhting wrong with doing it, it would only be 1 hit per project per day.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:In my book getting a script to check to see who is UOTD is a no-no,
I don't see anything wrong with doing it, it would only be 1 hit per project per day.
And if everybody who crunches with BOINC decided to do it once a day thats a hell of a lot of bandwidth been used on the servers.

count me out from anything that uses these techniques
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
Temujin wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with doing it, it would only be 1 hit per project per day.
And if everybody who crunches with BOINC decided to do it once a day thats a hell of a lot of bandwidth been used on the servers.

count me out from anything that uses these techniques
We'll agree to differ then.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
I don't see anyhting wrong with doing it, it would only be 1 hit per project per day.
Can I add my 2penneth in, please?

While I like the idea of automating stuff, so that it makes it easier for us to see "the big picture", for the UOTD, I would much rather members posted a message in the forum to say that they've been granted the award - even though it's actually very easily achieved, (on projects that haven't modded their code correctly) if you submit a profile and an image in the "My Account" setting.

Then, other members valuable time and effort spent "congratulating them" would be worthwhile. And we can keep the "human" feel to the forum.

I'm not likely to personally congratulate a member if they are UOTD and they didn't announce it here themselves....after all, they get an email from the project in the first place !!

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Hi Tim
its a moot point realy. If, as Dave says, the site are random and irregular in when they post the UOTD info, its not really worth the trouble of doing it.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Hi Tim
its a moot point realy. If, as Dave says, the site are random and irregular in when they post the UOTD info, its not really worth the trouble of doing it.
The main reason I got so many UOTD to start with was that earlier this year, as I added our Team to each project (and by definition, I had to add myself to the project first), so I then filled in a form to add my profile.

And within a day or so, I was UOTD on that project....!

That's when David told me that the BOINC code has a bug in it, which if it isn't fixed, can result in new users being given the accolade - even before they've crunched a single WU.

And as nice as it is to gain said award, the best thing about it, is the exposure the Team gets....!

But thanks for the suggestion.....

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

just found this on the Synergy board.
very neat :thumbup:
James Box

Post by James Box »

Temujin wrote:just found this on the Synergy board.
very neat :thumbup:
Cool.. and it says that I'm the UOTD at LHC even though I've not received an email yet. (or crunched a WU ;) )
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:In my book getting a script to check to see who is UOTD is a no-no, I would certainly never look at anything that did do this
Does that mean we shouldn't "congratulate" or make note of when non-posting members get UOTD?

October 26: UOTD @ SIMAP: actraider
James Box

Post by James Box »

I guess they have only been collecting UOTD since Oct 8, but here's a list of our UOTDs since then:

http://www.myboinc.com/GetUOTD.php?user ... l&sort=prj

Edit: Not complete due failing to update the UOTD on some days, or not reading the team name.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

It missed off mine from the 16th Oct at Chess@home  :evil:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

A couple of little mods to the single project page

There are now credit history graphs on the credit figures.

There is now a New Members box that displays above the main table and shows any members that have joined UBT today (for the selected project).
The Combined 2 page shows new members to all UBT projects

They're on the test page for the moment.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

In an effort to break the 'last 28 days' stats graph I currently have 19 different projects listed and still haven't broken it!

Anyone got more?

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:In an effort to break the 'last 28 days' stats graph I currently have 19 different projects listed and still haven't broken it!

Anyone got more?
I know the answer :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Thanks to Mikeejones for spotting the changes.
As Mike says, the test page has had a makeover, its been jazzed up a bit.

Colour gradients have been put on anything that stood still long enough.
The floating menu now has a 3D effect with current page/setting indicated in green.

Couple of new features too.
On the Combined 1 page, the # column (users total project count) now has a sort on it.
The A column (users active projects) used to sort by boolean ie if the user had active projects it got a 1, if they had no active projects it got a 0. It now sorts by number of active projects (dunno why I did it like that originally  :? )
And the blue figures are meant to indicate no credit activity in the last 7 days but for some reason unknown to me was actually doing it on 11 days  :?
I've got rid of the little arrows to indicate the sort column. I couldn't stop it wrapping to a 2nd line and so instead the sorted column header now turns green

Lots of work on making it look the same across different browsers, FF and IE are almost the same, Opera loses some green highlighting in places and Safari/Konqueror don't resize the fonts (or more like I don't know how to make em do it)

The client side column sorting (single project page) has stopped sorting correctly, bit mystified with that, i didn't think I'd changed any of it.
[edit] fixed it, I'd added a space after the figures for visual effect and that changed the sort from a numeric sort to a char sort

Thats about it, I'm sure someone will find some errors/bugs with it so let me know if you do.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Thought I was losing my touch in not breaking things! Not broken anything for weeks .... until now!

Just started doing some 'Leiden Classical'. Although the stats page sort of updates there's no bar shown on the 3-graph graph but 'Leiden' is listed as showing 'something' should be there. Should have come through on the 1400 update.

Getting withdrawal symptoms 'cos I couldn't find anything to break - I feel better now! :D

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Thought I was losing my touch in not breaking things! Not broken anything for weeks .... until now!
Nope, you aint broke it, its another "feature"
You joined Leiden with 12 credits during the 18:00 update, so your total credits went from 0 at 17:00 to 12 at 18:00 and you haven't contributed anything since joining.
It only shows a bar for credits you generate after joining.
Presumably you joined UBT sometime after 17:00, thats when it came thru to me anyway.

Does that make sense?
It made sense to me when I wrote it and I think its a fair way of doing it, sort of like the way the team credit works.
Last edited by Temujin on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

The test page has now gone live  :shock:
No-one reported anything so I thought why not.

And the new test page has had a little mod.
On the single project page, the 3 separate links to the credit history graphs have gone and are replaced by a little graph icon on the far right that brings up the same 3 graph popup as the combined 1 page.
For some of the bigger projects it takes a while to load that page and those 3 links now being 1 means the page is 50k smaller, so every little helps as they say

And in the credit history graphs, the red average line now has its value displayed in the legend.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Lots of work on making it look the same across different browsers, FF and IE are almost the same, Opera loses some green highlighting in places and Safari/Konqueror don't resize the fonts (or more like I don't know how to make em do it)
Hmmn, it seems it helps if you allow Konqueror to use fonts as small as those I was trying to set them to  :oops:
You've no idea how long I've fought with Konqueror, trying to get the menu and rank figures to behave and it all comes down to a Konqueror internal setting.
DOH!!
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Thought I was losing my touch in not breaking things! Not broken anything for weeks .... until now!
Nope, you aint broke it, its another "feature"
You joined Leiden with 12 credits during the 18:00 update, so your total credits went from 0 at 17:00 to 12 at 18:00 and you haven't contributed anything since joining.
It only shows a bar for credits you generate after joining.
Presumably you joined UBT sometime after 17:00, thats when it came thru to me anyway.

Does that make sense?
It made sense to me when I wrote it and I think its a fair way of doing it, sort of like the way the team credit works.
Ah - joining team - that rings a bell! I only noticed that I hadn't joined the  team Sunday afternoon even though I had previously crunched for the project.

Darn - I'll have to find something else to break then!

Image Image

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I didna touch it cap'n.....

Shut her down Clancy, She's a pumpin mud!!!

Something has croaked bigtime!!
Check the URL
or
Press the Refresh button
or
Try again later. 

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:I didna touch it cap'n.....
Yup, thats all down to me adding ABC to the test pages.
It had 1 too many ) and it croaked,  its fixed now  :roll:

But, it is a test page, thats what its there for, catch the bugs before it goes live :D