CPID Mash up...

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Naon

CPID Mash up...

Post by Naon »

Hi all, well i have been doing Boinc for some time and it seems that i had multi CPID numbers cross the projects..

Now i have gone back into all of the projects and now they are under one number >>> e062677cb48211b701fa06ea4861c3ee

But when i went to BAM, The CPID was under a another number. so i clicked the check box to re-new the CPID and it gave me another number... 410714949e2a5e7ab161e049e9b38cd0

How can i sync the CPID's..... do i...

1-Detach projects in Bam and re-attach the projects

2-Hope and wait till BOINCStats catch up
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I would hit the "renew CPID" box again, and just wait.

I had this problem a year or so ago, and wound up with 4 CPIDs, but BOINC/BAM sorted itself out.

It can take a few weeks though, so you may need some patience.

Rick.
Naon

Post by Naon »

But the thing is. That a have not got the balls to hit that "renew CPID" again...

I will just have to wait.... i have two weeks off work and i think i need to address this issue, then put it to bed....

(this IS stressing me out) lost 9 month's of credit a few weeks ago, yesterday i lost it ALL except 47 points with BURP witch i have not done for ages....
UBT - Rick Horn

You should get it all back in time, but I know how frustrating split CPIDs can be.

What beats me is why do they split in the first place when you already have one CPID.  :roll:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've managed to get down to two CPID's, which isn't bad, considering I'm signed up to 62 projects! The only split one left is Docking@Home. No matter how many time I hit renew, and also crunch a few D@H wu's, the project will not fall in line with my main CPID! :evil:
Naon

Post by Naon »

woo hoo, i did it but it was due to rick's advice.... I waited till now to click on "renew CPID" on BOINCStats...

It was there in a flash.. Now my BOINC application on Facebook works as well....

BOINC !!!........... I want Hobnobs for Uk Boinc Team, please
Naon

Post by Naon »

melter65 wrote:I've managed to get down to two CPID's, which isn't bad, considering I'm signed up to 62 projects! The only split one left is Docking@Home. No matter how many time I hit renew, and also crunch a few D@H wu's, the project will not fall in line with my main CPID! :evil:
Maybe... If ya go to the main account page on docking and check your information is correct there. i bet ya that something is not quite right and when you change the information, the CPID will correct...(There is no "Renew CPID" option on the project user account page's)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

That worked! But BoincStats is still showing two of me! :shock:

The second account in my name is only D@H! :?
Cymek

Post by Cymek »

Does anyone know the url to check and update the CPID? It doesn't seem to be in the BAM menu anymore.
UBT - Rick Horn

Cymek wrote:Does anyone know the url to check and update the CPID? It doesn't seem to be in the BAM menu anymore.
You can find your CPID in "Your Account" page on any project you are using, or see our forum    "Boinc Issues" - To align multiple CPIDs

Bam A/C  

http://boincstats.com/bam/account.php
Cymek

Post by Cymek »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
Cymek wrote:Does anyone know the url to check and update the CPID? It doesn't seem to be in the BAM menu anymore.
You can find your CPID in "Your Account" page on any project you are using, or see our forum    "Boinc Issues" - To align multiple CPIDs

Bam A/C  

http://boincstats.com/bam/account.php
Yes, that's where I would have expected to find it. But It wasn't there, I just couldn't see it. But then I wouldn't if I had the "Use BAM's AMS functions" disabled (Bam settings http://boincstats.com/bam/bam_settings.php). I can see it now that I'm enabled, thanks for your help.