PrimeGrid's next challenge

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
idb

PrimeGrid's next challenge

Post by idb »

As the next challenge is approaching I was wondering if it was worth starting a thread in one of the more general forums to try and attract some more processing power to the team.

Has it been tried before - did it work?.

Ian
(a bit chuffed today as I just scored a 200,380 digit prime  :D )
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

We normally respond to Primegrid challenges.
UBT - bobuk is the Primegrid cheerleader, and I`m sure he will not let us forget this latest challenge.
Congratulations on your prime find!  :D
idb

Post by idb »

I was thinking more of a post in, maybe, the "Team News and Announcements" forum.  Try to pick up some members who wouldn't normally look at this forum but who might like to take part in a challenge.

There would need to be some warning that PG tasks are not particularly processer friendly, in terms of heat generation, but it might gain a few extra machines.

Apologies to bobuk if he already does this.  I had a quick browse around and couldn't see any general announcement of past challenges, but I could quite easily have missed something.

Ian
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

You are more than welcome to post in any appropiate section of the forum you wish.
I`m sure Bob will be quite happy for you to boost Primegrid, so post away!