Netgear USB Wireless adapter prob with XP 64 Bit

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Netgear USB Wireless adapter prob with XP 64 Bit

Post by Jeffers »

I've upgraded to an "n" wireless router as part of going over to cable for all my services. This involved installing the router in a different location to my old one meaning I'd have to go wireless on my desktop. No problem I think, and order up a Netgear USB adapter, model WN111v2. I'm running XP Pro 64 Bit on my desktop and I've now discovered that Netgear don't provide any compatible drivers. I've checked on their website and that's what they say "we don't support XP 64 bit operating systems". I think that's pretty poor. I don't want to go onto Vista 64, I'd rather wait for Windows 7. Does anybody know of any third party drivers that'll support the Netgear wireless adapter? Or do you know of a manufacturer of USB wireless adapters that support XP 64 bit? I've checked a couple and they don't seem to like XP 64 either...

Thanks in advance for any help, ta! :?:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Couldnt find any myself m8, looked everywhere for about a week with no joy .... Good luck  :shock:

I ended up getting a couple of mains lan thingymajigs .
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... cw4hf6gl_b

:lol:
Ben

Post by Ben »

I highly recommend them. I use the "mains lan thingymajigs"  :D (Nice terminology there Micky!)  :lol:  :lol:

Great reliable devices  :!: